Need help playing music fron the thumb drive

Illiya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT, 1973 Porsche 914, 2015 BMW F800GT, 1996 Honda Nighthawk.
Country flag
Hello All. I ripped a CD onto a thumb drive, but cannot figure out what to do after plugging in the drive into either of the USB ports. Would someone here tell me the procedure? I simply cannot find the answer. Thank you very much.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Illiya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT, 1973 Porsche 914, 2015 BMW F800GT, 1996 Honda Nighthawk.
Country flag
Source -> USB
Hello Fatpot. Thank you for the reply, but I did that before posting my question here. When I put the thumb drive in the arm rest or below the center console USB ports and select the source of USB in audio, the message on the screen is "No data". What am I not doing correctly?

gav007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Make sure your flash drive is formatted to FAT32. Then put all your music on the flash drive, plug it into the USB port in the console. Next select "Source" and "USB icon" on the infotainment system. The infotainment system will flash "No data" for a couple seconds before locating the music. If you have a lot of music it should take about 1-2 minutes before it will start playing. I have 42 GB of music on my 128 GB Lexar JumpDrive S45 and it plays fine.

Bansh

“And the meek shall inherit the earth.”
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda EX
I don't have any trouble playing music loaded to a USB drive. I would like to know if there is a way to better organize the music, and why a few album covers show but most do not?

SumDuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX
Country flag
I got a little USB drive and dragged a bunch of MP3s from my computer to the drive. I plugged it into the USB in the armrest area (the size fits great under the cup holder) and when I initially selected USB I had to navigate to the folder to see the songs. Also I noticed that some show art and others don't, the ones that do have the art loaded with iTunes.

Now if I could get better use of the display real estate

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
I'm using a 16GB thumbdrive and it has 3200 songs on it and it plays great!
My question is, is there a was to list them alphabetically or any other way besides the order that they were written to the USB drive?
Sponsored