Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I am yet to find out if I need a wiring harness when stitching to hella horns. I mean it seems like it needed but I have no idea what one I would need does anyone know ? Or does anyone have a write up on this ?
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
You probably don't need a wiring diagram, but they always help. And if we had one it would be easier to for us to help you on the forum. Since we don't have one you'll need to do some electrical tests. You'll need to find out if the stock horn is powered normally +12v and ground is provided when you press the horn button. Or if +12v is only provided to the horn when press the horn button. Once you know that, you can wire a relay so that it's actuated when you press the horn button. Then wire the load side of the relay to power the horns when the relay is actuated.
You can find relay wiring diagrams online to give you a picture of how to wire the horns & relay.
Good covid project. And I think auto parts stores are open to buy your stuff.

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am yet to find out if I need a wiring harness when stitching to hella horns. I mean it seems like it needed but I have no idea what one I would need does anyone know ? Or does anyone have a write up on this ?
I bought this from College Hills Honda. Direct plug and play for the Hellas. I only wired the low and not the high since i didn’t feel like disconnecting the battery at the time lol
Honda Civic 10th gen Need help installing hella horns 1257FBFB-DA78-4EF6-8ABE-4A8A632BC02E

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Post the model numbers for the Hellas. If we can confirm that, together, they draw less than 10 amps; you shouldn't need an additional relay. After that... it's more of a adapter/connecting wires situation rather than a math problem.

You *could* technically cut the connector off of the horn power wires and connect them directly to the first horn (then piggyback to the second). But it's so much easier to buy the CHH adapter, attach the piggyback connectors to it, and start from there. This makes it easier to switch to a different horn later or return to stock if needed.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMO in any horn mods you must know how much current ( amp ) the new horn need.
12 volts is one thing, ampere is another thing.
If new horn need too much current you may damage something in you car. You must use a relay to be safe.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
IMO in any horn mods you must know how much current ( amp ) the new horn need.
12 volts is one thing, ampere is another thing.
If new horn need too much current you may damage something in you car. You must use a relay to be safe.
Yup, without a wiring diagram it's best to play it safe.
Some stuff is switched with solid state relays on body control modules. Burn one of those and you're into replacing the module. Or replacing components on the module.
I have only a 50% success rate with doing that.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Number 85 and 86 must receive original Honda ( or any car ) horn wires.
Relay coil ( 85/86)need very low current wich can't hurt a car horn button or circuit.

Honda Civic 10th gen Need help installing hella horns Capture d’écran, le 2020-05-26 à 15.15.54

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Why are you screaming for help over something so mundane? If you put a proper topic up, you'll get an answer faster than attracting people trying to help you because they think your car is on fire.. I normally ignore this kind of thing, but mods should just remove this thread for being bait.

OP
OP
U.S.C

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
That’s good
Why are you screaming for help over something so mundane? If you put a proper topic up, you'll get an answer faster than attracting people trying to help you because they think your car is on fire.. I normally ignore this kind of thing, but mods should just remove this thread for being bait.
[/
lol yet you clicked on it and wasted your time writing on it. Haha ?

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
You don’t need one for the hella horns. I know 30 guys that have done it without a harness.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Number 85 and 86 must receive original Honda ( or any car ) horn wires.
Relay coil ( 85/86)need very low current wich can't hurt a car horn button or circuit.

Capture d’écran, le 2020-05-26 à 15.15.54.png
Necessary? No. Advisable? Absolutely, just wire the the horn harness to the relay (#85 & 86) especially if ya wanna make reverts easy af. Plus, not using a relay may have long term damages to the $BCM I used:
- 1 horn harness,
- 1 relay harness, wired like illustration above
- 1 relay (included with HellaHorns box)
- 90° splice connectors, improve space
- in-line fuse holder
- 10A fuse
- marine shrink tubing.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Necessary ?

I don't know how much current Honda steering wheel switch contacts can hold.
Better to read with amp meter

Any switch can hold too much current for a limited time.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
+1 for the result.

And I wanna' hear the horns o' plenty.
Sponsored