Need help, having problems setting a custom wallpaper on my '17 Si.

Knucl3head74

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried setting a custom wallpaper to my car, but was unsuccessful. Searched around and only solution I found was to try a different USB. Has anyone else run into this issue? What did you do to fix this? What brands of USB did you use?
Sponsored

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I tried setting a custom wallpaper to my car, but was unsuccessful. Searched around and only solution I found was to try a different USB. Has anyone else run into this issue? What did you do to fix this? What brands of USB did you use?
USB didn't work for me either. Eventually had success using a flash drive. You can do it for the homescreen and clock background. I use the rolex watch face background for the clock. This thread helped me figure it out:https://www.civicx.com/threads/display-homescreen-wallpaper-thread.1544/

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
USB didn't work for me either. Eventually had success using a flash drive. You can do it for the homescreen and clock background. I use the rolex watch face background for the clock. This thread helped me figure it out:https://www.civicx.com/threads/display-homescreen-wallpaper-thread.1544/
I just got this working, i had tried using a USB thumb drive off my Mac and it didn't work. I had to format the drive in FAT 32 (microsoft format) for the Civic to see the files on the drive.

So anyone out there using Mac, Chrome, Linux etc... you may need to expressly re-format your thumb drive. Once it's in FAT (or FAT32/64) format, it will most likely work. There's also a limit on the picture size and pixels but i'm not sure what those limits are exactly.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
indeed, using a FAT32 usb flash drive is critical it seems!
Sponsored