Need help finding aftermarket upgrades

Mandawhorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey I'm new here. I bought a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T with 1.5L Turbo last year and I'm just now getting interested in modding it. I'm thinking of getting a Mishimoto CAI and switching it with the stock and an aftermarket exhaust (idk which one to get), and tune it with a Flashpro.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I would wait on the intake and go for a Ktuner or Hondata. But if you really want sound over power I would say go for the PRL CAI. If you're scared of hydolocking your car you could go with 27won CAI, it is mounted as an SRI but takes air in from the bottom vents.The Mishimoto CAI is basically an SRI with a metal housing that would cover it. Pretty sure that this would heat soak the same way that the stock intake would. But whatever you do, do not get an injen intake. They are known in the forums to throw your fuel trims off. As for the exhaust, it would be hard for you to find one since you don't have the sport or sport touring with the center-mounted exhaust. But this is what I would do first, get a KTuner(or hondata) as this changes the dynamics of your car a lot. Then an exhaust for the sound and if you still want more you could get an intake.

OP
OP
Mandawhorian

Mandawhorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I would wait on the intake and go for a Ktuner or Hondata. But if you really want sound over power I would say go for the PRL CAI. If you're scared of hydolocking your car you could go with 27won CAI, it is mounted as an SRI but takes air in from the bottom vents.The Mishimoto CAI is basically an SRI with a metal housing that would cover it. Pretty sure that this would heat soak the same way that the stock intake would. But whatever you do, do not get an injen intake. They are known in the forums to throw your fuel trims off. As for the exhaust, it would be hard for you to find one since you don't have the sport or sport touring with the center-mounted exhaust. But this is what I would do first, get a KTuner(or hondata) as this changes the dynamics of your car a lot. Then an exhaust for the sound and if you still want more you could get an intake.

I'll do that. Would the mishimoto still be a good choice then? And I asked my mechanic friend about an exhaust he said something about a cat back and with a muffler delete. I'm really not trying to over do my car. Just probably give it an HP boost from 174 to at least between 240-250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The Mishimoto would be an alright choice, but I would still try and go for either the PRL or 27won cold air intake. I don't know too much about the Ex's or the Lx's exhaust, since I have the Sport model with the center exhaust. But here is an exhaust that I saw when going through the forums: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/blox-racing-exhaust-system.html
Besides this, it's hard to find an exhaust for the Ex and the Lx trims. But from what I can see, others can correct me, they have gone with the muffler delete as an option. Or they would get something custom made. If you really want to push around 240-250 HP on an auto, if I am correct, that's gonna be a little rough. As most maps that you could buy/get from TSP, KTuner, or the Pherable, would allow you to get around 200-230 HP with an auto.
Sponsored