Need help Figuring out Suspension clunk

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
They’re torqued to spec. It’s going to the shop tomorrow and not coming home until the issue is resolved I can’t deal with it anymore
In my case on where im using accord endlinks, i did torqued to spec but im still getting that clunk noise. Then I tightened that long bolt that holds the endlink to the lower arm as tight as I can and the noise stopped. The video that is posted demonstrating the noise is the exact same noise that I had.
Sponsored

10thgen_Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So I had something similar when I installed my Tein's. I also installed Skunk2 rear camber kit. Did you install an aftermarket camber kit? If so, check those adjustment nuts. I was going nuts trying to figure out what was causing the noises I was having. Even thought it was the rear sway bar but after I removed and reinstalled it, the noise was still there. As soon as I tightened the camber nuts, noise went away.
I recently installed the Skunk2 camber kit and ever since doing it I started getting a clunking noise. I torqued everything to spec and hand tighten the adjustment nuts but I’ll be honest I was paying more attention in torquing the 17mm bolts rather than focusing on the adjustment nuts. I guess that will be my last attempt and hopefully thats the solution because I’m already getting fed up and thinking of just putting OEM ones back.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
In my case on where im using accord endlinks, i did torqued to spec but im still getting that clunk noise. Then I tightened that long bolt that holds the endlink to the lower arm as tight as I can and the noise stopped. The video that is posted demonstrating the noise is the exact same noise that I had.
I’ll try to tighten. I don’t wanna snap the bolts

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
The video tho, does not show the sound I’m experiencing. That’s like a click I have a clunk. I know that sounds dumb but it’s distinct

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The noise in the video actually isn't the endlinks but it sounds very similar. I was convinced it was the endlinks but in the end it wasnt.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I recently installed the Skunk2 camber kit and ever since doing it I started getting a clunking noise. I torqued everything to spec and hand tighten the adjustment nuts but I’ll be honest I was paying more attention in torquing the 17mm bolts rather than focusing on the adjustment nuts. I guess that will be my last attempt and hopefully thats the solution because I’m already getting fed up and thinking of just putting OEM ones back.
Yea check those nuts. As soon as I tighten those, noise went away. Wish I would’ve checked them originally, would’ve saved me almost 2 months of wondering wtf was going on ?

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea check those nuts. As soon as I tighten those, noise went away. Wish I would’ve checked them originally, would’ve saved me almost 2 months of wondering wtf was going on ?
I recently developed a clunk as well. As it turns out, my driver's side Skunk2 Camber arm bushings aren't there! I found a piece of one a while back and didn't realize where it came from. All of my suspension noise is coming from that. It clunks a bunch at low speed, and I can physically shake the wheel inward/outward (camber direction) slightly. My passenger side doesn't budge. This is the bushing where the arm joins to the frame. I am ordering a set for earlier Civic/Integra from Amazon that will hopefully fit for $12. They are the only part number for a black piece available from Skunk2 so...

This must be a fairly common problem because:
1. These are available on Amazon specifically for Skunk2 camber kits.
2. There are knock off companies selling them by the dozen!

Getting mine at this link to be sure they are OEM:

Amazon.com: Skunk2 Racing 916-05-0505 Rear Camber Kit Replacement Bushing : Automotive

Just in case, I have a chat submitted to Skunk2 to make sure fitment is OK, or to get a valid part number.

I didn't install that side, so I suspect my buddy either over or under torqued that side.

dstix747

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently developed a clunk as well. As it turns out, my driver's side Skunk2 Camber arm bushings aren't there! I found a piece of one a while back and didn't realize where it came from. All of my suspension noise is coming from that. It clunks a bunch at low speed, and I can physically shake the wheel inward/outward (camber direction) slightly. My passenger side doesn't budge. This is the bushing where the arm joins to the frame. I am ordering a set for earlier Civic/Integra from Amazon that will hopefully fit for $12. They are the only part number for a black piece available from Skunk2 so...

This must be a fairly common problem because:
1. These are available on Amazon specifically for Skunk2 camber kits.
2. There are knock off companies selling them by the dozen!

Getting mine at this link to be sure they are OEM:

Amazon.com: Skunk2 Racing 916-05-0505 Rear Camber Kit Replacement Bushing : Automotive

Just in case, I have a chat submitted to Skunk2 to make sure fitment is OK, or to get a valid part number.

I didn't install that side, so I suspect my buddy either over or under torqued that side.
Follow up: The Skunk2 rep answered my chat email and this is the correct part. I installed it as soon as I got them. I ordered 3 sets to have spares for future use, just in case.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Follow up: The Skunk2 rep answered my chat email and this is the correct part. I installed it as soon as I got them. I ordered 3 sets to have spares for future use, just in case.
Did the noises stop?