Need help fast. Picking up 2016 civic4dr tomo but ...

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
The problem is I have been without a car the past month due to an accident in my 2008 Honda Civic LX.
The past three weeks I have been burned by two dealerships.
One dealership sold the car after my down payment and signing of the contract. The car was put on hold and a different dealership but there explaination was the sales person did not know that it was on hold.
Second dealer told me my car would be in three weeks ago and it finally came in yesterday it is a manual which is what I have been trying to received.

The problem is my heart is set on the coop but I would not be guaranteed a manual LX Coop until July...
Should I buy a car for $2000 and drive it for 4 to 5 months or should I get the sedan tomorrow morning drive it for a few months save some money lose maybe two to $3000 on a trade-in for the coupe? Or if I would drive it for a year and wait until next year coupe would that dramatically lower the trade-in value? Or am I better off buying a car for $2000 and waiting?

I appreciate any and all input and I will gladly introduce myself once everything is settled tomorrow afternoon but time is of the essence !!
Thanks guys!
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Heart set on the coupe huh? Awesome. Buy the 2k car, and keep it for a few months. Much less of a loss instead of the negative equity. Plus you're not guaranteed to only lose 3k on the trade. I'd say it's much less.

I prefer sedans over coupes. I just bought a touring and much prefer the 4 doors. However, since you're wanting the coupe, waiting is much better than losing 3 grand plus. Patience would be a much better option here.

OP
OP
Wyborowa

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
SO i bought the car.... 18,200 cash deal.... how much will i lose 4 months from now?

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Probably 7k. My friends have an elantra that they've had for 6months that cost about the same and they'd lose 7-9k on trade in

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honestly, keep this one for a year or so then get the 2017 coupe. By then they should have a manual in the turbo, and they'll probably make it even faster by then. You're looking at a loss regardless, which personally wouldn't be economically viable. If you don't wanna wait, look up the buyers remorse laws in your state.

OP
OP
Wyborowa

Wyborowa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe LX MT
Country flag
Unfortunately because of time restraints and because of financial help, I was forced to buy the sedan because I cannot rent for four months. I always get the base LX model Manuel. My last three cars were that (96 civic sedan LX 5spd,2008civic COUPE LX 2 dr 5 spe, 16 civic SEDAN)
I like the way my 08 coupe handled vs the 2016 sedan..
How much would I lose in a few months compared to waiting for next year's model For trade in on the coupe?
The fact the base coupe comes with alloy rims and stiffer suspension vs the sedan... I am hating my car one day, next day I don't mind..
This is aggregating... FYI. I picked up the car on 3/19/16, believe I have 30 days with dealership ...

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Unfortunately because of time restraints and because of financial help, I was forced to buy the sedan because I cannot rent for four months. I always get the base LX model Manuel. My last three cars were that (96 civic sedan LX 5spd,2008civic COUPE LX 2 dr 5 spe, 16 civic SEDAN)
I like the way my 08 coupe handled vs the 2016 sedan..
How much would I lose in a few months compared to waiting for next year's model For trade in on the coupe?
The fact the base coupe comes with alloy rims and stiffer suspension vs the sedan... I am hating my car one day, next day I don't mind..
This is aggregating... FYI. I picked up the car on 3/19/16, believe I have 30 days with dealership ...
30 days with the dealership?!! Are you sure? They usually don't do that, because once a car has mileage it's instantly worth less. Dude, if you can, return that shit if you're not going to like it. Look at all dealers within like 200 miles and find one that has an LX coupe (and if they don't, order it). There isn't a situation where you're going to lose a comfortable amount of money with this car man. You're look at 3k+ plus and that's being generous. That's not good for anybody. Try to find a way to be able to wait a month for the coupe, because you need to be happy with your car, and your finance deal. If you can't, the only way you'll leave happy with this financially and physically is waiting 2-3 years to trade it in.

If you don't get rid of that car while you still can (if you can), or else you're losing money regardless.

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 integra, 2012 benz c300, Honda civic 2016 WOP touring
yeah, idk where and who told you that you have 30 days but from my cars buying experience you will never get a 30 days return even it its a used.

alexgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Probably 7k. My friends have an elantra that they've had for 6months that cost about the same and they'd lose 7-9k on trade in
I can confirm-back in 2012 I bought Elantra 2dr , Wife gets pregnant. Back to Hyundai in 2013 to trade the 2dr for the 4dr Elantra GT (both new) and I had about 7k negative equity :banghead:.
Though Honda's will obviously hold more value, doesn't mean you won't get shafted with hefty payments. Good luck !

bowler13joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si Sedan
I lost over $5000 on a trade from a '13 EX to a '13 SI. The EX only had 1000 miles on it when I traded it...hated that car. But, that gives you an idea.
Sponsored