First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey I've had one for about a year and a half and its the best thing i've done on the car.
Its still holding up with no issues and starts every time since i had it done i would highly recommend.
Great! Now I just have to find the correct case for it (probably on ebay, lol). I appreciate the information, makes me very confident in the thought!
Sponsored

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So which 3 or 4 button are people using? The links in this thread are dead or broken. Dont want to order the wrong one.

Seems the 3 button is <$10 where the one with the panic is $20-$40

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up getting this one. Sure it doesnt have a panic button...but honestly the only times I ever hit that button are by accident in my pocket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replace-Fl...de-For-Honda-Civic-Fit-HR-V-XR-V/202675653554

Internals transferred over easily and my dealership cut the key for me. Normally $12.50 to get it cut but since it was where I bought the car they did it for free. Just make sure to bring your registration and ID so they can validate it is your key. They dont even need the key to cut the new one...just your VIN.

The ONLY thing I wish was that the button to flip out the key was a little harder/stiffer to press. Sometimes just being in my pocket it'll open up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Need help Converting Key into Remote Flip Key Fob keyfob.JPG

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the link!

grechemax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
Guys! That is pretty clear. But how simply make a copy? I mean not to transfer anything. I need just a spare key. Please, help if you know.

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
I'm looking to do same thing. I checked on ebay and aliexpress. Links are dead. I mean last ebay link working but ship from China. Any US alternative?

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I ended up getting this one. Sure it doesnt have a panic button...but honestly the only times I ever hit that button are by accident in my pocket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replace-Fl...de-For-Honda-Civic-Fit-HR-V-XR-V/202675653554

Internals transferred over easily and my dealership cut the key for me. Normally $12.50 to get it cut but since it was where I bought the car they did it for free. Just make sure to bring your registration and ID so they can validate it is your key. They dont even need the key to cut the new one...just your VIN.

The ONLY thing I wish was that the button to flip out the key was a little harder/stiffer to press. Sometimes just being in my pocket it'll open up.

keyfob.JPG
i also got this one and turned out perfect! I got 2 just in case. I went 2 locksmiths they said they can't do it. 3rd one said they need to check if they have proper software. First they said $45 then they said $65. It's a lot but worth it. I'm thinking that how much is making a copy of our keys. Damn I paid $60 for it, If i paid $30-40 more maybe I would get another copy of key... ??‍♂

snahfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX base
Country flag
can those key machines at home depot cut car keys?

also, mine just arrived and the key wiggles around the housing (just a bit). anyone experience this issue?

S60doc

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
can those key machines at home depot cut car keys?

also, mine just arrived and the key wiggles around the housing (just a bit). anyone experience this issue?
I've tried with one of the kiosk at the mall and walmart. It wasn't able to do it. I went to smith locker, they cut it for me. Since it's double face it needs some special machine.

snahfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX base
Country flag
I've tried with one of the kiosk at the mall and walmart. It wasn't able to do it. I went to smith locker, they cut it for me. Since it's double face it needs some special machine.
Thanks! does the key have to be taken out of the housing?

yourmelody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2015
Country flag
Does anyone know if the same could be done with a Civic 2015 LX sedan? I bought a blank key fob from eBay and the internals didn't fit
Sponsored