Need help Converting Key into Remote Flip Key Fob

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
With this shell key that you ordered from ebay, does it come with the "H" Honda logo? I was looking to do this with my key but when I click on the link, I don't see the "H" on the shell key fob.
Yeah it did, the one I ordered on ebay didn't show it in the picture either but it was in the bag.
Sponsored

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Thank you! Just ordered!
No problem, it's pretty great. Hopefully you don't have a problem getting the new blade cut, I was able to walk into my dealer and pay them 5 bucks plus tax to do it in 3-4 minutes but I've seen some people say their dealers gave them a hard time about it.

ERK5000

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
No problem, it's pretty great. Hopefully you don't have a problem getting the new blade cut, I was able to walk into my dealer and pay them 5 bucks plus tax to do it in 3-4 minutes but I've seen some people say their dealers gave them a hard time about it.
I know one of the salesman there so hopefully that’ll suffice ha.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
In the USA afaik only the LX has the non-flip style key. It's like putting a fork in your pocket. Crazy big and in the way.
Of course Honda has had keys like that for over a decade and people have managed to get by just fine

darkspy123

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 2018
Country flag
I bought it last week. I should have it in another two weeks then I can probably post some pictures if all goes well :D

darkspy123

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 2018
Country flag
Update: the 4 buttons flip housing is solid and will fit the gut of the key. However, it seems a little lower quality than the 3 buttons one (i have both). It does require some work to assemble everything, including putting in together the spring and the buttons without them falling apart. Overall, the key works but i would rather have the 3 buttons ones then wedge out something for the panic button. The picture below doesn't have the gut in it yet.

Honda Civic 10th gen Need help Converting Key into Remote Flip Key Fob 20180610_211327
Honda Civic 10th gen Need help Converting Key into Remote Flip Key Fob 20180610_210609_HDR

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Be careful if you order the one with the panic button.

The one I got didn't look like the one directly above, even though the stock picture in the ad did (of course).

The key on mine opens perpendicular to how that one does, and is chrome plated brass rather than the alloy type the factory key uses. It also didn't come with any logo. When the key is cut it looks terrible and whole thing is extremely cheezy and cheap feeling.

Last edited:

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Forgive me for reviving an old thread but I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on their fobs? I was thinking of doing this, myself and would appreciate some information!

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2017 Civc Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Forgive me for reviving an old thread but I wanted to know if anyone has any updates on their fobs? I was thinking of doing this, myself and would appreciate some information!
Hey I've had one for about a year and a half and its the best thing i've done on the car.
Its still holding up with no issues and starts every time since i had it done i would highly recommend.
Sponsored