Need help choosing new tires for 16’ ex-t

x1cmb11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey y’all. I don’t know very much about tires, so I would appreciate some help. I’ll be replacing the stock tires from when I bought the car new back in 2016. I’ve been happy with the longevity of the stock tires, lasting roughly 61000 miles, but I do wish that they would have been a little more performance oriented at times. With that being said, I’m not an aggressive driver and care more about fuel efficiency and tire longevity than outright performance. I live in south Louisiana, so there isn’t really a need for anything oriented around cold weather driving. I don’t know if what I’m asking for is exists, but in short, I want a tire with similar longevity and fuel efficiency compared to the stock tire, but with a little more grip. Thanks in advance for the help.
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey y’all. I don’t know very much about tires, so I would appreciate some help. I’ll be replacing the stock tires from when I bought the car new back in 2016. I’ve been happy with the longevity of the stock tires, lasting roughly 61000 miles, but I do wish that they would have been a little more performance oriented at times. With that being said, I’m not an aggressive driver and care more about fuel efficiency and tire longevity than outright performance. I live in south Louisiana, so there isn’t really a need for anything oriented around cold weather driving. I don’t know if what I’m asking for is exists, but in short, I want a tire with similar longevity and fuel efficiency compared to the stock tire, but with a little more grip. Thanks in advance for the help.
Check out tire reviews on Tirerack. Michelin Premier A/S, Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06, and Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady are quite good.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/Tire...Clar=EX-T&sortCode=49550&tireIndex=0#allTitle

RIC3HUNT3R

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Lx"FK7" (Canadian spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a auto tech, do tires on cars plenty of times, I've done my own to my civic hatch. Put 215/55 R16 94V Michelin pilot sport a/s 3+, the tire is a ultra high performance all season tire, its grip is class leading, 2nd to none, road noise is abit on the high side, but I don't care. They are good on fuel I geuss but I would not know since I get 9.1L/100km or 26 mpg, cause, I do spirited back road driving most of the time.

But here is my top 3 for you;

1st: Michelin defenders all season tire

Life: 10/10

Fuel :9.5/10

Traction dry: 6/10

Traction wet: 8/10

Traction light snow: 5/10

Overall 8/10

Michelin defenders have outstanding life rated for minimum 120,000 kms. They are micheline are the flag ship tire for a passenger all seasonal tire. It boasts in superior ride comfort with excellent fuel efficiency, with a slight expense of having average traction.

2nd Goodyear Eagle Sport

Life:7/10

Fuel: 9/10

Traction dry 8/10

Traction wet 8/10

Traction light snow N/A (0/10)

Overall 7/10

The eagle sport offers good life for the tire at 85,000 kms and boasts class leading fuel economy for a performance summer touring tire, it has equally good dry and wet handling characteristics and these are the tires that would give the same if not very identical fuel mileage numbers to ur oem tires, while offering extra grip for more fun and confidence on the road.

3rd: continental extreme contact DWS 06

Life: 6.5/10

Fuel: 8/10

Traction dry: 10/10

Traction wet: 9/10

Traction light snow : 8/10

Overall 8.5/10

The DWS 06 is the direct competitor to the pilot sport a/s 3+ but offers at a much cheaper price point while giving better fuel economy and light snow traction than the a/s 3+. For a ultra high performance all season tire the traction is excellent across all levels as expected. The ride quality is abit rough especially on side walls thinner than 50%, eg: 215/50 R17.

All these tires have their own perks over the others but it depends on how you drive, and what is first on ur list for good tires. If fuel and comfort, get the Michelin defenders, if traction is ur number one priority get the conti DWS 06, and if you want a neutral blend of both get the good year eagle sport.

I hope this helped!

Good luck.
Sponsored