Need advice on 2016 Civic EXL head unit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Ok so I was messing around with settings like a dumb@ss and hit some button that was like “simulate secondary displays” or something and now the head unit’s screen won’t let me do anything at all. I need to factory reset it but the screen won’t work for me to get to it, I know holding down the Audio Power button does a reboot but that isn’t doing anything. Any ideas on how to reset it without using the screen/display? I would just take it to the dealership but my warranty is expired plus I have HH on the screen (not related to current issue)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Your_Local_Asshole
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Disconnect the battery for a minute?
Tried that, still came back to the same problem. I figured it out though, luckily I had the “pinch to zoom out” mode on and realized I could shrink the window of infinite displays down enough to get back to the settings and turn it off. Now I just don’t know how to delete this post lol

OP
OP
Your_Local_Asshole
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Trade the whole car in.
Ehh I mean my first “car” was a tiny little 2016 Chevy Spark with a whopping 97 horsepower ?? so even with a few bugs and stuff I’m content with this one as my second car... for now that is

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
The Infotainment display in the 10th gen Civic is a twisted tail of menus, what is really needed, as you found out, is a small button that either goes back to factory configuration or "undo changes". I've been driving Civics for 25+ years, had a 16 EX-L, now a 19 Touring, current system still occasionally confuses the hell out of me. My wife's19 Fit EX--L is a bit simpler, but still easy to get lost in sub- menus. Playing the "wonder what happens if I press this" game is, to say the least, an adventure. Welcome to the jungle!
Sponsored