Need advice, just ordered POLK comp and coax.

ivan.lara

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Hello guys I just got my Civic 16 LX with terrible stock audio and this is my very first project, so this is the thing.. I saw a video of a guy replacing the stock front door speakers with after market coax and it seemed so easy that I got the courage to start the journey, the thing is I've been reading for the last few days about this topic but I'm in need of some guidance because this is starting to get complex, I'm trying to keep the OEM head unit and install component speakers on the front doors and coax speakers on the rear deck corners and keep it as simple as posible (no subs), I was trying to avoid the amp topic because it seems complicated to me however I already ordered some stuff and after reading a little more it seems that I will need an amp and probably a line output converter, not sure what to do now or if it even makes sense to install this stuff without and amp and line output converter...

Current order in progress
• Polk Audio DB6502 (COMP)
• Polk Audio DB652 (COAX)
• Sail panels with tweeter mount
• Trim removal tools
• Sound deadening mats
• 4 Compatible mounting brackets
• 4 Speaker harnesses
• Wheel roller
Sponsored

Last edited:

SATX_Si

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
You are off to a great start. Why not just buy what you listed, install, and listen to it for a few weeks before deciding whether or not to spend more on an amp. You can always do the amp later on.

OP
OP
ivan.lara

ivan.lara

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
You are off to a great start. Why not just buy what you listed, install, and listen to it for a few weeks before deciding whether or not to spend more on an amp. You can always do the amp later on.
Thanks for replying, my main concern is that according to this forum the LX OEM head unit is 160-Watt, would that be enough to make them work without risk to damage them for underpowering them or something like that? (assuming I'm not trying to blow anything with the volume all the way up)

Hasdrubal

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si sedan, 2015 Fit, 2009 Ridgeline
Country flag
Running low power to speakers doesn't damage them, running low power at high enough volume to cause bad distortion does.
Sponsored