Burnsiestix

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Civic LX 2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I have a 2018 SI and I don’t know shit about tunes. I know for beamers it’s really easily with the MHD but how does it work for Honda ? What’s a good brand and how do you do it?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
1. Read the KTuner help pages and information on tuning here at CivicX.

2. Purchase a KTuner from TSP and receive a free TSP Stage 1 tune.

3. Upload the tune to your Si.

4. Thank me.

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
There are two main tuning devices everyone will recommend. Ktuner and hondata.

Not to scare you or anything but just know that the powertrain warranty is basically out the window once you flash the car. If you don't really care about it then there's no issue there.

Stay on top of the the recommended maintenance schedule and you'll have no issues.

Now onto the tuning devices. I've used both before and they are great devices. However I'd say get ktuner over hondata as the SI seems to get way more support from ktuner. The customer support is great and they do maintain a presence here on the forum if you have questions.

Ktuner(along with hondata) comes with base tunes. Which are premade tunes you load up and just go with. No need to pay a visit to a tuner. There are also a lot of user friendly settings you can change depending on what you want from the tune.

Ktuner has two variants, the v1.2 ($450) and v2($650), the hondata flashpro also comes In at $650. They also have a carb variant but I'm unsure if that works for the SI.

The v1.2 and v2 do the same thing, except the v2 has a convenient touch screen to use. The v1.2 requires a laptop for setting up tunes and flashing the ECU.

Also, if you buy a ktuner from Twostepperformance.com, you can get their premade TSP stage 1 tune($79.99) for free.
You can read here to see if it interests you https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...7-civic-si-cobra-race-support-included.26591/

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The newer Phearable tune has the highest power gains out of any ots tune available, if that’s what you’re looking for. It does require the ktuner device to upload.

The ktuner device also comes with conservative basemaps with power gains.

Hondata offera their Flashpro device with their basemaps as well. Hondata works closely with Honda Performance Division with their products and has been race-proven to be reliable.

Joerodd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ramona 2020 Si Sedan Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Sorry to hijack, but I feel the question is appropriate. Honda can tell if the ecu has been flashed and then reflash back to factory?

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Sorry to hijack, but I feel the question is appropriate. Honda can tell if the ecu has been flashed and then reflash back to factory?
They have a flash-counter. If engine is damaged, that will be a huge red flag and grounds for possible denial of coverage.

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
I have a 2018 SI and I don’t know shit about tunes. I know for beamers it’s really easily with the MHD but how does it work for Honda ? What’s a good brand and how do you do it?
Get a ktuner v2 and set up an appointment to Etune with Derek Robinson at imw and call it a day! You will smile every time you drive your car!
Sponsored