Need advice: EXL vs Touring...

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I think in the US, the $2300 jump from EX-L to Touring is 'justified' but not a bargain. In Canada, it's a $2000 jump from EX-T to Touring and is an absolute steal and unless leather was a dealbreaker or something, you'd be a moron not to upgrade.
Ya.... :doh: Your right.. I still love my EX-T though, and made it one of a kind with the add-ons I got to make it the same price as a touring.. But I'm happy and thats all that matters right? :D
Sponsored

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Touring and have no regrets with purchase, the sound system, only available on that trim, was worth the extra - awesome sound!
Sound system unless in sedan config was standard on my EX-T Coupe
Honda Civic 10th gen Need advice: EXL vs Touring... 20160712_160022
Honda Civic 10th gen Need advice: EXL vs Touring... 20160712_160039

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Ya.... :doh: Your right.. I still love my EX-T though, and made it one of a kind with the add-ons I got to make it the same price as a touring.. But I'm happy and thats all that matters right? :D
Oh, so you're suffering buyer's remorse not upgrading now huh? ;)

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Sound system unless in sedan config was standard on my EX-T Coupe
20160712_160022.jpg
20160712_160039.jpg
Right, this thread started talking about the Sedan, it has always been about the sedan, and now you randomly throw in the comparison that the coupe EX-T has premium audio when it's irrelevant and uncalled for... -__- come on...

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right, this thread started talking about the Sedan, it has always been about the sedan, and now you randomly throw in the comparison that the coupe EX-T has premium audio when it's irrelevant and uncalled for... -__- come on...
(Unless in sedan) is what I said just trying to enlighten someone who asked a legitimate question what does it matter that their looking at sedans it gives them info across the spectrum of vehicles and I don't appreciate be chastised for being helpful and btw "Uncalled for" is a bit extreme don't you think.
Have a blessed day :bow:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
(Unless in sedan) is what I said just trying to enlighten someone who asked a legitimate question what does it matter that their looking at sedans it gives them info across the spectrum of vehicles and I don't appreciate be chastised for being helpful and btw "Uncalled for" is a bit extreme don't you think.
Have a blessed day :bow:
Why would you say 'unless sedan' when the primary qualifyer in this thread is about the sedan?... OP asked a legitimate question whether he should get EX-L or Touring for the 4 DR and you suddenly bring the premium audio up about your coupe... What are you trying to do? Pull a hail mary and persuade to buy a coupe EX-L the day before he's taking delivery?

You're right, I'm an ass, see my sig. However, for you to say that you're "being helpful" when the info you're giving is irrelevant is hardly justified... I mean, we're talking about the sedan the whole thread and you just suddenly thrown the coupe variable in like what...?

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why would you say 'unless sedan' when the primary qualifyer in this thread is about the sedan?... OP asked a legitimate question whether he should get EX-L or Touring for the 4 DR and you suddenly bring the premium audio up about your coupe... What are you trying to do? Pull a hail mary and persuade to buy a coupe EX-L the day before he's taking delivery?

You're right, I'm an ass, see my sig. However, for you to say that you're "being helpful" when the info you're giving is irrelevant is hardly justified... I mean, we're talking about the sedan the whole thread and you just suddenly thrown the coupe variable in like what...?
Its all good I think all these 10thgens look great, I should be more cognizant of the thread before putting my 2 cents in lol :bump:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Hahaha! Can't we all just get along? ;) #CoupeLivesMatter He was just trying to contribute. Threw me for a loop until you said he had a coupe...

Does the coupe suffer the subwoofer rattle?

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hahaha! Can't we all just get along? ;) #CoupeLivesMatter He was just trying to contribute. Threw me for a loop until you said he had a coupe...

Does the coupe suffer the subwoofer rattle?
Thankfully not yet :lol:

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Then it probably won't. As soon as I switched to a hip-hop/dance XM station it showed up almost immediately. Doesn't seem to be a problem on the Death Metal station for some reason... ;)

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
This weekend will be the week I pick up my new car. My 03 civic is gonna need breaks and tires soon. And there are a few other problems. I waited as long as I could. My thing is I'm really stuck on these two models.

He's the run down...

EXL 22000.00 including Dest before TTL
Trade in 1100.00
Total 20900.00 before TTL

Touring 24300.00 including dest before TTL
Trade in 1100.00
Total 23200 before TTL

Touring
Pros
1. Hid lights
2. 10 speakers
3. Nav built in
4. HS

Cons
1. Extra 2300.00

Exl
Pros
1. Has everything you pretty much need in a car

Cons
1. Might have regrets down the road.

Have any of you guys went back and forth If so what pushed to decide?
Personally I would go with the EX-T. It has everything you need, unless those little nice features (rear heated seats, auto rain sensing wipers are what mainly comes to mind) are something you can't live without. The headlights look awesome, but I could live without them. I also heard glitchy things about the automatic rain sensors, saying they would go crazy fast or start going when it isn't raining. The advantage would be that you never run out of things to play with!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, so you're suffering buyer's remorse not upgrading now huh? ;)
Sorta lol, I just wish I had the premium sound system, Sirius, and HIDs. The leather I can do without. But yeah, I agree, it's a deal in Canada to get the touring.

03eunos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi guys!

New to the forum after buying a new Touring Sedan here in Canada. I'm a member of Tundra, Miata and Honda ATV forums and find them a great source of information and look forward to offering my input where possible.

My 18 year old son rear-ended an SUV and wrote off my 2008 Tundra pickup on Canada Day and I got a nicer than expected cheque from the insurance company. With a twin 16 year old boy and girl with their learner's permit, I decided a fuel efficient car was my best bet and Honda was at the top of my list. My last Honda car was a 98 Civic Si so we started at the local Honda dealer and never went any further.

I tested a "base" LX sedan and the whole family was quite happy with everything it offered, but I made the mistake :) of going back the next evening by myself to try out the Touring... I was hooked. When the wife came back with me, she was a little concerned about the price difference, but came around because of a few Touring included options.

Obviously, the fit and finish in the Touring is evident, but the Honda Sensing, Nav, and heated rear seats brought her around to my side. She was hooked when she found it it had a built in car starter which is a plus working overnight shifts at the hospital during our Newfoundland winter.

I like the Touring wheels, little beefier sway bars and the turbo's power. If the Honda Sensing can help stop one serious collision with my kids aboard then my decision will be well worth it. Quite happy with the purchase over the LX, but have one issue... I can't pick up the car until Wednesday when the insurance company's cheque clears the Honda dealer's bank. :(