First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Honda s2000
Country flag
Hello Everyone!

First post here :) so glad to finally be on this forum.

Unfortunately my first post seeking advice is not a joyous one. Due to a tragic fishing accident, one of two keys for my 2018 Si is currently sitting at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean.

Sooooooo, what would you guys recommend I do to get back a second key? I automatically assume that my dealership (Honda of Pasadena) is going to rip me off. Is this a correct assumption? If so, what would you guys recommend I do. Is calling a around and asking locksmiths a better option? Should I buy my own blank key fob? Is it possible to pair the key fob on my own by putting the vehicle in “Pair Mode” (if that even is a thing?). How much or how little will this end up costing me to fix?

Thank you in advance for all your help and I greatly appreciate it!
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looked back at some other threads about this and it looks like around $300 for new key and programming.

Sitio23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EX Civic
Country flag
I recently had to go to the dealership so I can tell you that for them to give you a brand new programmed key fob is: $270.00 minimum (that is what they quoted me). Pretty much a car payment... trade in and get a new car with two new fobs?
Sponsored