Navigation Updates?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Hey guys!

Picking up my new Touring in the next few days :-D

Question about the Nav... Are updates free on it?

I was previously looking at Fusions etc, and the Nav's were all done with SD cards that had to remain in the vehicle... If an update was required the dealership says they do them but it costs me ~$80 CDN.

Does Honda have a similar policy, or do they charge? Alternatively, is it just an update tethered from your phone?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I believe in the US with the Garmin systems it's one free update every year for 5 years. Don't quote me on that and feel free to correct me if im wrong

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, free updates for the first 5 years. Assuming Canada is the same.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That's one heck of an update process - up to an hour with the car running? Really?

I'd almost rather pay the shipping and handling for a USB stick with the update. Or go back to the old fashioned CD update, assuming we had a CD player. Thanks for posting that Dick - I'd have never figured that out.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
That's one heck of an update process - up to an hour with the car running? Really?

I'd almost rather pay the shipping and handling for a USB stick with the update. Or go back to the old fashioned CD update, assuming we had a CD player.
This process is very similar to how you do a Garmin handheld except you put it on the stick to put in the car, not on local disk from the PC the handheld is plugged into.

Our '12 Ford Focus had the same engine running requirement for its frequent infotainment updates. They had a 10 minute shutdown on Accessory operation which would have blown up the update in mid process. We usually combined the update with going somewhere. Just didn't get to listen to music on the way. Which with MyFord Touch wasn't so bad because it would have probably crashed or something along the way anyway.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This process is very similar to how you do a Garmin handheld except you put it on the stick to put in the car, not on local disk from the PC the handheld is plugged into.

Our '12 Ford Focus had the same engine running requirement for its frequent infotainment updates. They had a 10 minute shutdown on Accessory operation which would have blown up the update in mid process. We usually combined the update with going somewhere. Just didn't get to listen to music on the way. Which with MyFord Touch wasn't so bad because it would have probably crashed or something along the way anyway.
Knowing that I can do it before a road trip or a long commute lessens the inconvenience, even if I can't use my Navi for it.

I did find this...looks like we get one free update a year for 5 years (4 technically, because the first year of ownership is considered one?)

Honda Civic 10th gen Navigation Updates? Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 9.08.09 PM
Sponsored