Nasty scratches on tachometer plexiglass

ifanaddic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic EX
Nasty scratches on tachometer plexiglass can it be replaced? and at what cost?

Couldnt take a picture of it but ive attached a picture of the exact location of the scratches.

Please reassure me if you know anything!

Honda Civic 10th gen Nasty scratches on tachometer plexiglass IMG_0429.JPG
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try polishing, Mequiers PlasticX.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You need to stop wiping these things off with whatever you're using. NEVER use paper towel and/or windex (or any ammonia based cleaner) on Plexiglas. Get yourself a lens cleaning kit to use on your screen and use a microfiber cloth and do not press on the gauge cluster Plexiglas.

paulz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You need to stop wiping these things off with whatever you're using. NEVER use paper towel and/or windex (or any ammonia based cleaner) on Plexiglas. Get yourself a lens cleaning kit to use on your screen and use a microfiber cloth and do not press on the gauge cluster Plexiglas.
Yeah. I usually use microfiber with the tachometer glass and infotaitment glass. I got scratches after realizing that its probably from a full service carwash I got last week. Yeah so its really my fault for not telling them not to wipe those areas. That's the last time I let them wipe my screen and tachometer plexi.

OP
OP

ifanaddic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic EX
Yeah. I usually use microfiber with the tachometer glass and infotaitment glass. I got scratches after realizing that its probably from a full service carwash I got last week. Yeah so its really my fault for not telling them not to wipe those areas. That's the last time I let them wipe my screen and tachometer plexi.
Yep, same thing happened to me. Aren't they supposed to be the professionals here. Ughhh!

Anyway i used the product on the side buttons and that little plastic par that sticks out on the left but was too afraid to use it on the screen itself. You have to a apply quite a bit of pressure for the product to work and I know thats not good for screens. I dont think the product itself would do any damage.

Honda Civic 10th gen Nasty scratches on tachometer plexiglass IMG_1770.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Nasty scratches on tachometer plexiglass IMG_1765.JPG

confid3ntiaL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX 4dr sedan 2.0L Vtech, 1997 Acura Integra LS
Country flag
I've used this for the exact same reason and it works like a charm. just like I never scratched it. it does say not to use on lcd screen or navigation screens though..

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I've used this for the exact same reason and it works like a charm. just like I never scratched it. it does say not to use on lcd screen or navigation screens though..
I try to use it , but i got scuffs
I apply with a foam pad .
I dont know if it was that or apply to much pressure or polish on a circular motion . To wipe it off i use a mc towel

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I used to repair and refurbish gauge cluster years ago, replacing stepper motors (a thing of the past now lol) and leds and sometimes do color changes, custom needles, etc.

I used this stuff with amazing results. Granted nothing will get deep scratches out, but for micro surface scratches it worked amazing.

https://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/8416

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yep, PlastX is safe and easy to use. There are more aggressive polishes available if needed.
How do you polish with PlasticX? Have you use it?
I use it once it got worse i end up with scuffs and more swirls marks
Sponsored