Ttommytucker

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX 2.0 6spd sedan
Country flag
Hello all. This month at NAPA, the NAPA Platinum oil filters and NAPA Full Synthetic motor oils are on sale. Platinum oil filters are $5.99 and synthetic motor oil is $16.99 for a 5qt jug. This thread is not to start an oil filter and motor oil preferential war, but strictly an FYI for everyone out there trying to save some money, especially at this time in the present economic situation. Take care and stay thirsty my friends .
Sponsored

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring; 2018 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Hello all. This month at NAPA, the NAPA Platinum oil filters and NAPA Full Synthetic motor oils are on sale. Platinum oil filters are $5.99 and synthetic motor oil is $16.99 for a 5qt jug. This thread is not to start an oil filter and motor oil preferential war, but strictly an FYI for everyone out there trying to save some money, especially at this time in the present economic situation. Take care and stay thirsty my friends .
That is a pretty good deal. I've not used NAPA oils/filters before but from some brief research on reddit and bob the oil guy it looks like the NAPA synthetic oil is essentially the same as Valvoline while the Gold and Platinum filters are basically the same as Wix and Wix XP filters. Let me know if anyone has found out otherwise! If that's true then that pricing is close to half off of the name brand comparable.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
That is a pretty good deal. I've not used NAPA oils/filters before but from some brief research on reddit and bob the oil guy it looks like the NAPA synthetic oil is essentially the same as Valvoline while the Gold and Platinum filters are basically the same as Wix and Wix XP filters. Let me know if anyone has found out otherwise! If that's true then that pricing is close to half off of the name brand comparable.
I've heard the same that the Gold and Platinum are just rebranded Wix. My retired father works part time at NAPA now, so I can get parts super cheap now. I'll probably use a NAPA Platinum the next time I'm due for a change.
Sponsored