N.A. Mods for Civic Si (?)

GaG-|-HaShTaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 1.8 E CVT
Country flag
HI guys! I'm kinda new to the forum and car scene, and I just wanted to see your guys' insights on mods for the Civic Si. I made this thread in order to gain tips that I could use in the hopes to increase my car's hp to the 200-250 range while still keeping it NA :)

I currently have a 2020 1.8 E CVT :)
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I'm confused. You have an NA car but you come to the Si sub-forum for engine performance advice?

Those are very optimistic numbers, too... You trolling?

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The current gen Si is turbo'd, which is what allows us to make more power pretty easily.

OP
OP

GaG-|-HaShTaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm confused. You have an NA car but you come to the Si sub-forum for engine performance advice?

it's a dream ?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
What these gentlemen are trying to say is, you bought the wrong platform. As @Drake said, it's about the turbo. In order for an NA engine to make power, it needs air (and fuel). Lots of it. The only way an engine can efficiently make additional power is either thru displacement (more cylinders at the cost of weight and MPG) or forced induction (turbo, Super Charger). Even with a tune and bolt-on's, you might be able to cram in maybe 10 more HP, at a lot of cost. With the Si and other TC Civic's, with only a tune and no other bolt-on's you can safely get about 55 more WHP out of it...because of the turbo. With bolt-ons and a bigger turbo, you easily get another 300 whp out that small 1.5L, while the most I could get out of my IS350's 3.5L NA engine with a tune and bolt-on's is maybe 15 more WHP (I'm currently between 287 and 289 WHP). I would need a Super Charger to get to the mid 400's...in other words, forced induction

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think I figured out the confusion. The OP posted "Civic Si" but I think he meant to say "Civic X".

Either way, the OP has a 1.8 engine that produces 141 hp. 300 horsepower isn't happening without adding a turbo and spending like 10K for parts and labor to upgrade things. Then of course swapping out the CVT to something that could handle that kind of power.

OP, your best bet is to enjoy your current power (maybe add a quality intake) and get some better tires and a bigger rear sway bar to upgrade the handling fun factor.

OP
OP

GaG-|-HaShTaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think I figured out the confusion. The OP posted "Civic Si" but I think he meant to say "Civic X".

Either way, the OP has a 1.8 engine that produces 141 hp. 300 horsepower isn't happening without adding a turbo and spending like 10K for parts and labor to upgrade things. Then of course swapping out the CVT to something that could handle that kind of power.

OP, your best bet is to enjoy your current power (maybe add a quality intake) and get some better tires and a bigger rear sway bar to upgrade the handling fun factor.
Thanks for the insight man! appreciate it ?
Sponsored