Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just posting up some early spy photos. You can see the inside and outside measurements of the 27Won TIP's inlet. I've also measured the PRL Race maf's outlet internal and external diameter. I do not have the 27Won RACE maf and silicon connector because that is on backorder. I asked them to send this to me regardless so I have no info on them.

My silicone connector is a little on the large side and slightly longer than I'd like since I want both the maf sensor and the TIP to be touching inside the silicone connector. So, I'm off to pick up a 3" silicone piece in about 5 minutes. Will take pics and post a part number if you are interested in doing something similar. If you look closely in one of the pics below, you'll notice the PRL Race maf is slightly smaller than the 27Won TIPs inlet. Very slight difference.

I also plan on gold wrapping the 27Won intake once I get back. I'll get it installed tomorrow and take more pics.

BTW: The PRL Race maf's inner diameter is 2.99", not 2.92" like you see below. The calipers slipped in my hand as I was taking a pic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-3

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-4

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-5

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-6

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-7

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-8

Last edited:
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up a 3.25" Silicone connector. I had to squeeze it over the 27Won TIP inlet and it was a tiny bit to big for the PRL Maf. It's a perfect compromise. I could've went with a 3.25" to 3" silicone coupler perhaps but I'm not to picky. It works! So below are a couple of pics with the silicone connector attached to the air filter I'll be using.

Shortly after I decided to gold wrap the 27Won TIP. This is not a show car. It's all for function as I remember putting my hands on my stock TIP at the dragstrip and it was HOT. That was before I gold wrapped it. It can't hurt.

I'll take some more pics of it installed tomorrow. The air filter should be able to sit on top of the funnel that leads to the foglight, like I have it now. Will see how it goes.

BTW: It's important to note that this is a 3" Turbo Inlet Pipe to a 3" PRL Race Maf to a 4" opening Big air filter. It was very important to me that the width stays as large as possible and for the intake to be as short as possible. None of that necking down to a stock 2" maf sensor or zig-zagging through a Cobra CAI to the air filter. Keep it simple, short and wide. If you can get cool air to it, great. This is the least restrictive intake I can think of. Coupled with an efficient interocoler, it should be a win-win.

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-9

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-10

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-11

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake My-27Won Intake-12

Last edited:

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up a 3.25" Silicone connector. I had to squeeze it over the 27Won TIP inlet and it was a tiny bit to big for the PRL Maf. It's a perfect compromise. I could've went with a 3.25" to 3" silicone coupler perhaps but I'm not to picky. It works! So below are a couple of pics with the silicone connector attached to the air filter I'll be using.

Shortly after I decided to gold wrap the 27Won TIP. This is not a show car. It's all for function as i remember putting my hands on my stock TIP at the dragstrip and it was HOT. That was before I gold wrapped it. It can't hurt.

I'll take some more pics of it installed tomorrow. The air filter should be able to sit on top of the funnel that leads to the foglight, like I have it now. Will see how it goes.

BTW: It's important to note that this is a 3" Turbo Inlet Pipe to a 3" PRL Race Maf to a 3" opening Big air filter. It was very important to me that the width stays as large as possible and for the intake to be as short as possible. None of that necking down to a stock 2" maf sensor or zig-zagging through a Cobra CAI to the air filter. Keep it simple, short and wide. If you can get cool air to it, great. This is the least restrictive intake I can think of. Coupled with an efficient interocoler, it should be a win-win.

My-27Won Intake-9.jpg

My-27Won Intake-10.jpg

My-27Won Intake-11.jpg

My-27Won Intake-12.jpg
wow...how much this set up cost by any mean

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wow...how much this set up cost by any mean
27Won's Turbo Inlet Pipe goes for about $330. HERE
I think they just sold out of a 3rd batch they had.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to pics of install. What size is your filter element?

Reactions: Myx

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From Verocious Motorsports
Inlet Size: 4"
Element Length: 8"

The PRL Race Maf sensor has a 4" inlet opening for the filter to attach to.
That thing is a monster! I was going to try to cram a 7" element filter in my setup, but I think it'll be too close to the fuse box and occlude the end

I'm thinking of eventually getting a tip and running a similar setup with my MAF housing

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just posting a few pics of what the 27WON TIP looks like vs a stock TIP in case someone has not seen this comparison yet.

These are not my personal pics.

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake FB_IMG_1590612167457

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake FB_IMG_1590612159776

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake FB_IMG_1590611720395

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's a couple of the stock Si TIP pics taken just before removal.

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake 20200527_133525

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake 20200527_133512

Last edited:

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some pics of the 27WON TIP installed. seems pretty snug in there. You can hear the blow off valve when I let off but it actually sounds more muffled. Probably just me. Car felt different driving home but of course it does. This intake ain't supposed to be doing much with a stock turbo though 27WON says and everyone has been repeating.

Gonna look at some datalogs I did before and after this was installed now and see if anything is different Will post any observations.

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake 20200527_183419

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake 20200527_183440

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake 20200527_183444

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake 20200527_183429

Last edited:

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Some pics of the 27WON TIP installed. seems pretty snug in there. You can here the blow off valve when I let off but it actually sounds more muffled. Probably just me. Car felt different driving home but of course it does. This intake ain't supposed to be doing much with a stock turbo though 27WON says and everyone has been repeating.

Gonna look at some datalogs I did before and after this was installed now and see if anything is different Will post any observations.

20200527_183419.jpg

20200527_183440.jpg

20200527_183444.jpg

20200527_183429.jpg
How are your IATs with this setup, did you remove the lower intake box to get the funnel to work?

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How are your IATs with this setup, did you remove the lower intake box to get the funnel to work?
Car is currently in shop. However, my IAT (Maf sensor) while driving is either the same or slightly lower than IAT2 (Post Intercooler). My Post Intercooler IAT typically is between +3F to +15F above ambient temperature.

In other words, having a SRI (with an aftermaket intercooler, in my opinion) is the best setup you can possibly have. The bigger, wider, shorter your intake is the better. And as little to no bends in the intake as possible. All in the name of reducing pressure drop and reducing/eliminating restrictions.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@86salmon Did you ever get your new air intake setup? How is it?
I started over with etuning the TD03. Drob is handling it now. On the fourth tune and it's getting fun

27won tips are out of stock until August and pictures of a PRL tester are out...

so by then, there may be two choices.

If/when I get one, I'm going to be getting a giant sized S&B double cone from Verocious along with the appropriate coupler, and have a setup like yours.

I did end up with a heat shield and a one inch longer filter. It barely fits lol. Breathes pretty good though. During a log in 97°f heat today, my intake and FMIC were 104, 116 during a wot 2k-redline pull and both sat around 111-114 while cruising in traffic. I'm still impressed with this little Sri setup

Honda Civic 10th gen Myxal SRI-CAI -Short Ram-Cold Air Intake IMG_20200701_010849
Sponsored