Mystery vibration rattle found.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I have had a rattle in the front that vibrated down into the dash on cold morning starts. It lasted until the car warms up. The other day, while changing my oil, I was just checking things.

I could not believe how the water jet nozzles are connected to the rear edge of the hood is installed so poorly. Try it. If you wiggle them, they just float around and the noise is amplified thru the front. I removed them and used clear silicone and re-installed them. They are just pushed in with the finger clips that are very cheaply made.

No rattle now, NONE. I did both sided.
Honda Civic 10th gen Mystery vibration rattle found. IMG_0197.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will try!!! like right now lol thanks for the info
Just watch how to remove and replace, when replacing, slide the front in first and then push up the finger clip to latch. I use tape to hold it in overnight till dry, and removed It in the morning.
PS Mine were real!!!! Loose

lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Just watch how to remove and replace, when replacing, slide the front in first and then push up the finger clip to latch. I use tape to hold it in overnight till dry, and removed It in the morning.
PS Mine were real!!!! Loose
I need to go to homedepot tomorrow to my supplies but mine are loose too. I just hope that fixes my rattle.
I know for sure that the rattle are coming from the dash area.
It would make sense if the washer nozzle vibrates violently the noise could travel in to the cars interior.

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need to go to homedepot tomorrow to my supplies but mine are loose too. I just hope that fixes my rattle.
I know for sure that the rattle are coming from the dash area.
It would make sense if the washer nozzle vibrates violently the noise could travel in to the cars interior.
This cured mine. This Civic is a different animal I am finding out. I have found a lot of weird rattles everywhere. It is the fault of using cheap components from cheap vendors.

Well I hope this helps someone.

lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
My rattle did not go away...... rattle is comig from behing the steering wheel (somewhere under dash)

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My rattle did not go away...... rattle is comig from behing the steering wheel (somewhere under dash)
Sorry, there are so many i have read about, I am in the same with one in the rear behind the drivers side, headliner area.

I guess the process of elimination.

kcabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic LX | 2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Mine's been rattle-free for the first 4k KM and now I'm starting to hear rattles in every direction! I'll check this one out first tonight. Thanks! :dunno:

OP
OP
Ben&Jen

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine's been rattle-free for the first 4k KM and now I'm starting to hear rattles in every direction! I'll check this one out first tonight. Thanks! :dunno:
K hope it helps, I found one in the trunk area today. There is an emergency truck release behind the drivers side passenger. I stuffed foam in there, cause the handle rattled around...

Mr_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Modern Steel Metallic
IT WORKED! Been bothered by a loud buzz at a particular RPM in cold weather that I couldn't find. It was the poorly mounted windshield washer nozzles. I didn't remove them - I just smeared some silicone adhesive sealant around the edges of each nozzle mount, let it dry overnight, and SUCCESS! The car is noticeably quieter. Those nozzles at the edge of the hood are located over the grill for the inside air inlet, the the vibration sound gets pumped straight into the car.

smileytiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Is
I have had a rattle in the front that vibrated down into the dash on cold morning starts. It lasted until the car warms up. The other day, while changing my oil, I was just checking things.

I could not believe how the water jet nozzles are connected to the rear edge of the hood is installed so poorly. Try it. If you wiggle them, they just float around and the noise is amplified thru the front. I removed them and used clear silicone and re-installed them. They are just pushed in with the finger clips that are very cheaply made.

No rattle now, NONE. I did both sided.
IMG_0197.JPG
Hi , thanks for the tips. Is it the nozzles or the rubber lines ? I will check mine.
Am experiencing loud vibrations myself.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

No rattle now, NONE. I did both sided
Good hint, I just put some silicone on my wife's Civic.
Very cheap mounting/ bracket

Thanks

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is

Hi , thanks for the tips. Is it the nozzles or the rubber lines ? I will check mine.
Am experiencing loud vibrations myself.

Nozzles plastic brackets are very loose. I did not look at rubber lines.

Last edited:

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
This cured mine. This Civic is a different animal I am finding out. I have found a lot of weird rattles everywhere. It is the fault of using cheap components from cheap vendors.

Well I hope this helps someone.
I knew this from day one of owning the car. Upon washing the hood my fingers hit the nozzles and felt them move. Once in awhile I hear the rattle. I just move them around a bit and they stop for the time being. Hahahaha. In 10,000 miles I only had to do this twice because the noise came into cabin. Didn't know people were having a hard time with finding this rattle.
Also I wouldn't use silicone it rots out metal (we might have aluminum hoods though so not sure there) I would use a urethane based sealant or just use butyl tape. Just a dot of that it's not going anywhere.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

.....Also I wouldn't use silicone it rots out metal (we might have aluminum hoods though so not sure there) I would use a urethane based sealant or just use butyl tape. Just a dot of that it's not going anywhere.
".....use silicone it rots out metal. "

Takes how many years ?

Silicone are use to seal many metal pieces ( house windows ) since long time. I'm not afraid to use it.
Sponsored