Mystery Passenger Seat Rattle Solved

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've had a rattle (sort of like a clicking sound) for the last year or so that took me a really long time to figure out the source of. I would hear it over bumps and particularly over bumps as I was going around a curve. I finally determined that it was coming from the passenger seat as I wouldn't hear it when someone else was sitting in it. Also, I didn't really hear it over the winter and it started back up this Spring with the warm weather.

I finally noticed that I could knock the back of the passenger seat and hear it. I had been searching the forums for passenger seat rattle and couldn't find anyone else mention it so maybe it's not a very common issue.

I took it in to the dealership and they were able to reproduce it. They ordered a new rail track that the seat rides back and forth on and had to drop it back off a couple days later for the 3 hour replacement of the track. No rattle after the replacement! I just wanted to mention this in case anyone else is having the same issue. This is the 2016 Civic touring so it has the powered passenger seat.
Sponsored

Civic416

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Hi, I have experienced this - it is so noticeable that the passenger seat belt rattles against the side of the car. The seat itself is really vibrating.
It doesn't feel like a problem with the seat rail track but I will see if the dealer will check it out. Did it sound similar?

OP
OP

rhraziel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It COULD be. I honestly can't remember how the rattle sounded exactly. What are you doing there to make the sound? I see the car isn't moving. The only way I could hear it when the car wasn't moving was to hit the back of the seat with my hand. It wouldn't just make the sound from the vibration of the engine at a stand still for example.

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I was going to make an original post, but I'll bump this one. My touring was making an annoying rattle sound and I finally tracked it down to the Forward and Backward adjuster plastic thingy... idk the technical name.

After removing the plastic thingamajig the rattle went away.

Still thinking of a solution. I'm guessing I'll have to put some type of insulation on the clip part; maybe a thin foam tape.

Will post what solution works when I figure it out.
Sponsored