DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
So after I was quoted $450 to wrap my hood I figured id try it myself. Recession right? So I got some wrap off Amazon for 30 bucks and a cutting pack for 9 bones off Amazon and away we went. A few learning lessons and f bombs later I was done. Needed to use heat gun more.....a lot more. A few air bubbles and wrinkles left behind but for my first time with the materials I am satisfied. Not sure if I'll leave it for very long due to the imperfections but killed quarantine time learning.

Honda Civic 10th gen My wrapping experience 20200813_173311_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen My wrapping experience 20200813_173302_HDR

Honda Civic 10th gen My wrapping experience Message_1597357514653

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Looks pretty good bro. Out of curiosity what vinyl did you use? The only parts I've wrapped on my hatch was the window trim with 3M 1080 Gloss black and the interior trims pieces on the door and dash in some generic carbon fiber wrap I found on amazon for like 7 bucks.

The 3M was a dream to use for the most part, the carbon fiber...not as much but I managed. Though I would've saved some breath if I used 3M there too.

Props on the rear spoiler, how was wrapping the edges on the left and right?

OP
OP
DRTHVDR

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
The spoiler wasn't hard. Just used heat and was real careful around the rear taillight. Most cut imperfections were able to be tucked under out of view. Took a screenshot of my amazon order. For $30 it was a good purchase to learn. I'll go to more expensive 3M carbon after a few more tries.

Honda Civic 10th gen My wrapping experience Screenshot_20200813-204810

RGBee

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
That's a pretty good price for those dimensions if the vinyl works decently well. I'm not 100% what finishes 3M has for carbon fiber. Most definitely matte/woven looking. There's a number of other brands but I haven't tracked down one with a gloss carbon fiber that looks resined.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Cheetah wrap (the brand) is supposed to be really good for learning with. The brand really does make a difference.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
So after I was quoted $450 to wrap my hood I figured id try it myself. Recession right? So I got some wrap off Amazon for 30 bucks and a cutting pack for 9 bones off Amazon and away we went. A few learning lessons and f bombs later I was done. Needed to use heat gun more.....a lot more. A few air bubbles and wrinkles left behind but for my first time with the materials I am satisfied. Not sure if I'll leave it for very long due to the imperfections but killed quarantine time learning.
Looks pretty good to me. If this stuff is anything like PPF, many of the bubbles will disappear on their own.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
That looks pretty good! I don't think I'd have the patience to do this very well, but it'd be neat to have a unique color but not really commit to it.
Sponsored