My Wheels Were Stolen!!

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Laws vary based on location but... killing an unarmed person who is stealing property and not posing a threat to causing you severe bodily harm or death is generally considered murder.

This, coming from a current service member and gun enthusiast who has a CCW. Let's be careful about the ideas we're spreading about the justification for the use if deadly force. There's been enough bad that's happened in the last few months in the USA with regard to shootings. We don't need a bunch of unjustified shootings after all these tragedies to sway public opinion any further.

...and with that, I will shut my mouth concerning anything not car related.
Agreed. Always advised to not discharge your weapon if the other person is unarmed. :)
Sponsored

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I literally just posted this on another thread... I fucking hate thieves!

I ended up installing multiple locking nuts (which will not stop them, but will slow them down), along with a tilt and shock alarm. The final piece of mind is a camera system with shock sensor and night night motion capture. I had a second attempt after my reinstall and i actually caught my car being canvased again. The car was left alone and my neighbors was taken.

Another good tip from the officer I spoke with was try and keep your address a secret when possible, a lot of cases resulted after new tires were installed or work was recently done on the car. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions.

OP
OP
Akalawur77

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So I'm looking into getting a motion/tilt sensor, anyone have any recommendations? @jaydubz79 what did you end up getting and how much was the cost. And I also might upgrade the tires, I'll just pay the difference in what they cost over OEM tires. I was looking at Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ does anyone have any experience with them or any other recommendations? Definitely want to stick with all season though.

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
So I'm looking into getting a motion/tilt sensor, anyone have any recommendations? @jaydubz79 what did you end up getting and how much was the cost. And I also might upgrade the tires, I'll just pay the difference in what they cost over OEM tires. I was looking at Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ does anyone have any experience with them or any other recommendations? Definitely want to stick with all season though.
Hi Akalawur,

I ended going with a Code Alarm 2 way, its a little bit of overkill, but allows the tilt and shock sensor to be added. The 2 way is essentially your cars way of letting you know that the car is being tampered with. For example you go to the movies and the car get tampered with, the two way alerts you via the included fob. I personally did not like the fob, but it does give some piece of mind. I think all in all it was about $500.

I would also recommend you go with a digital tilt sensor as opposed to the analog version. The digital tilt sensor reads the last known position within a certain amount of degrees. Even if the thieves let the air out of your tires to try and defeat it there should be enough difference to set it off.

It is truly a numbers game, you are simply making it more difficult for them to take your property. I've gone the additional step of adding front and rear cameras in hopes of catching some level of evidence.

Try not to be dismayed... I know the feeling. These thieves are scum with nothing better to do, however see your new preparedness as a way of outsmarting the bad guys. Also be cautious about car meets and who you talk to. There are always nefarious elements out there, maybe even on these forums. Always try to stay a step ahead.

Last edited:

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
In MA "brandishing" is a felony and you loose the right to own or carry - forever!
It's that way in most states. Brandishing is usually tied in with something that doesn't require use of force. Such as someone tailgating you and you getting pissed and getting some road rage yourself and flashing the gun, or using it to threaten someone who isn't threatening you or your property(getting in an argument, trying to flex, etc.) In those cases flashing your firearm is a completely unnecessary use of force.

In most states, showing your firearm to prevent someone from jacking your shit while it's in progress isn't brandishing. If he's down with tools trying to remove your wheels, you're not flashing it around for no good reason. He's/she's committing the crime at that point. You have every right to defend your property. At least it's this way in the states i've carried in/traveled through so far.

EDIT: Guns are a sensitive issue, and I'm really impressed that so many people are having respectful discussions about it here. :)

FastEddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Civic (RIP), 2015 Corvette
Well, you do live in a pretty white city, so I can just knee-jerk say it was the brotha's who did this. I agree with the other poster here that said to check with all of your neighbors for their security cam footage that night.

mp2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 NSX, 2017 SI sedan
http://www.thedrive.com/sheetmetal/16767/2017-honda-accord-gets-its-wheels-stolen-twice-in-a-week

jaydubz79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Top of the line car alarm does not mean the car had the correct sensors and they were placed in the correct areas. The particular alarm in question does not include a digital tilt sensor, which would have detected some level of jostle. I also think the sensitivity was likely turned down as well. Also multiple wheel locks are a must as it buys you time not a guarantee.
Sponsored