My Wheels Were Stolen!!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The 19s on the Accord Sport are a hot item - plenty of those get stolen. And this one Honda dealer even had cars vandalized, they took the tools to steal the wheels from the trunks of the cars...

http://www.thedrive.com/news/11497/...f-cars-at-honda-dealership-in-overnight-heist
Last year, a Chevrolet dealership near me had 192 wheels and tires stolen from 48 cars over a four-hour period beginning at 1:30 AM. The thieves pulled up in a white panel van, disabled the lot lighting, jacked up the vehicles, took the wheels (left the lug nuts behind), and dropped the cars on the ground resulting in a $250,000 loss.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a30558/chevrolet-dealer-wheels-stolen/
Sponsored

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My wife called me at work and told me that a young girl was trying to open the doors on our 2 Civics in the driveway. I say shoot these motherfuckers and do the world a favor.

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Sorry OP. Wheel locks won't stop the pros. They'll just go for an easier target elsewhere.

Someone told me to look at tungsten carbide wheel locks cuz they can't be cut. I know tungsten is almost as hard a diamonds but I can't find any wheel locks that are made or coated with them
Stick with ball seated locks to ensure you don't strain the lug threads and wheel mount surface. Relatively uncommon for our cars but they're out there.

More about that here:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/reminder-si-ctr-wheel-locks.14763/

Last edited:

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
To those that want to use deadly force; learn your local laws. Castle doctrines do not always cover your vehicle or places outside your home. These laws vary by state. And if you really want to be sure, look up your local State Bar referral and speak to a lawyer. Sometimes the 30 minute consults are free or cheap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/states-that-have-stand-your-ground-laws.html
PA where OP is posting from is a stand your ground state. As long as you or your belongings that pertain to anything on your owned property or vehicle is legal to use deadly force...but if the robber is unarmed its always advised to not discharge your weapon and try to deescalate the situation first. If he is armed. Go bananas.

Source: I held a concealed carry license in PA for my duration of living there.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
With the exception of wheel locks and a lot of luck none of the above "options" will get your wheels or money back. Confronting someone who's stealing your property is dumb and dangerous. Call the cops and take pictures, but don't let them know you've seen them.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Laws vary based on location but... killing an unarmed person who is stealing property and not posing a threat to causing you severe bodily harm or death is generally considered murder.

This, coming from a current service member and gun enthusiast who has a CCW. Let's be careful about the ideas we're spreading about the justification for the use if deadly force. There's been enough bad that's happened in the last few months in the USA with regard to shootings. We don't need a bunch of unjustified shootings after all these tragedies to sway public opinion any further.

...and with that, I will shut my mouth concerning anything not car related.

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
Laws vary based on location but... killing an unarmed person who is stealing property and not posing a threat to causing you severe bodily harm or death is generally considered murder.

This, coming from a current service member and gun enthusiast who has a CCW. Let's be careful about the ideas we're spreading about the justification for the use if deadly force. There's been enough bad that's happened in the last few months in the USA with regard to shootings. We don't need a bunch of unjustified shootings after all these tragedies to sway public opinion any further.

...and with that, I will shut my mouth concerning anything not car related.
Agreed.

Killing someone should only be done if one's life is in immediate danger/threatened.

A thief should serve time in prison, that's fair enough.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Well where i'm from, If you try pulling some shit like that, you will get shot, regardless if the thief is carrying or not. Sucks if it's not the same for you. I do carry and always will. Up here you can get shot just for standing on someone property.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Akalawur77

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had factory wheel locks from day 1, but bought some of these Gorilla's after my neighbors Accord wheels got jacked.

Top half of the lug spins freely which makes it a little harder, of course they could still steal them, just more work.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PNK25ZK
and taper to ball adaptors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F8M78AK

They stick out a little, but I don't think anyone but me has noticed.
Hmm I never even heard of wheel locks like that, I'll have to do some research on them

OP
OP
Akalawur77

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I wouldn't wanna kill them, but I definitely would wanna kick their asses. I'm a pretty fair guy and shit like this really pisses me off. Also I've owned a WRX, 370Z, and a bmw with M3 wheels and never had wheel locks. Where I'm originally from stuff like this never happens; it's like reading something in a book or seeing something on TV and thinking it'll never happen, but that's not always the case. Acts like these are a disease, it makes you lose faith in humanity and decency and make a good person do bad things; the oppressed becomes the oppressor. Like bullying, a lot of bullies were originally bullied themselves, but this extends to adulthood and the reality of our actions and the long term consequences.. Sorry didn't mean to rant like that