First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Set up camera's, load a pistol, put on some nice flashy wheels, take a few vacation days, and sit out there a few nights.
Sponsored

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just to throw this in as well, I run an aftermarket viper alarm on my car attached with an air horn. The dummy thieve will not like the sound of airhorns blowing off in the morning! Just something I'd share!

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Set up camera's, load a pistol, put on some nice flashy wheels, take a few vacation days, and sit out there a few nights.
That’s what I would do. I’d take it into my own hands before I ever call the cops, cause chances are they won’t do shit, I will.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Yeah I'm definitely not putting on any Wheels until I have some wheel locks. Insurance is covering it but I have to pay a deductible for each car. But now I'm always going to have that worry in the back of my head
Don't forget to claim all 40 lug nuts as well... Any dents or paint chips? Any damage to rotor stone guards as they sat on bricks? Check underneath as well for any jacking damage.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I couldn't find center Jack points on this car in the past.. I hope they didn't Jack it up on the oil pan or something. But I was far enough from the curb have room for a small Jack
The rear one isn't so bad, but the front one may as well not be there. I can't get my floor jack far enough back and my ramps (even with extensions) would rip the front clip off. This is the first vehicle I've ever owned that I'll probably let the dealer perform the oil changes on. It's $39.95 for full synethic Honda-branded oil and filter. With only 1-2 oil changes per year, it's not even worth my time.

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Originally from PA just moved to KCMO in August so I know exactly where you're from. I honestly can't believe my eyes. So surprised this would happen in that area. My heart breaks for you man.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Project Kic R40 locking lugs, two keys.

Worth every penny.

I have a set for my Gram Lights 57D.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Well if I was a wheel thief I’d go around seeing who doesn’t have wheel locks for easy targets. So sorry op but I really think you set yourself up. It’s pretty obvious they went with that since both your cars were hit and both didn’t have locks. Just made it that much easier for them. And I’m not saying wheel locks are 100% but at least you’re less of a target

OP
OP
Akalawur77

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Don't forget to claim all 40 lug nuts as well... Any dents or paint chips? Any damage to rotor stone guards as they sat on bricks? Check underneath as well for any jacking damage.
I almost forgot but they're including lug nuts and valve stems and the car is gonna get inspected at a shop for hidden damages. Luckily I didn't see any damage to the paint or body

OP
OP
Akalawur77

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Project Kic R40 locking lugs, two keys.

Worth every penny.

I have a set for my Gram Lights 57D.
I'll look them up. Someone told me to look at tungsten carbide wheel locks cuz they can't be cut. I know tungsten is almost as hard a diamonds but I can't find any wheel locks that are made or coated with them

Redglare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 si, 11' z34.
That’s what I would do. I’d take it into my own hands before I ever call the cops, cause chances are they won’t do shit, I will.

make sure you two shoot to kill, otherwise you might be the one going to jail if you just maim the thieves.
Might as well order some bulletproof vests too, thieves pack heat nowdays, they wouldn't blink twice taking your life over a set of civic wheels.

best to leave this alone and let insurance / cops take care of it.

Set up camera's, load a pistol, put on some nice flashy wheels, take a few vacation days, and sit out there a few nights

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
make sure you two shoot to kill, otherwise you might be the one going to jail if you just maim the thieves.
Might as well order some bulletproof vests too, thieves pack heat nowdays, they wouldn't blink twice taking your life over a set of civic wheels.

best to leave this alone and let insurance / cops take care of it.
Can’t go to jail. Called having rights.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'll look them up. Someone told me to look at tungsten carbide wheel locks cuz they can't be cut. I know tungsten is almost as hard a diamonds but I can't find any wheel locks that are made or coated with them
keep in mind, if your going to be on stock wheels, make sure you it has the right seat for your wheels. Even though people like to use these "tuner" lug nuts on factory wheels, most "tuner" lug nuts are technically not made for your oem wheels. Most of them are made with a tapered seat while factory lug nuts are a ball seat.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag