My V2 Digital Display Screen - Uh Oh

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have not plugged in or use my Ktuner V2 for several months (I am thinking sometime early last year). I just plugged it in and my screen is not looking good.

Does this look like I need to purchase a new unit? Anyone else have seen this? I just had it sitting on the side of my bedroom for what seems like forever. Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen My V2 Digital Display Screen - Uh Oh 20220610_154439

Sponsored

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have not plugged in or use my Ktuner V2 for several months (I am thinking sometime early last year). I just plugged it in and my screen is not looking good.

Does this look like I need to purchase a new unit? Anyone else have seen this? I just had it sitting on the side of my bedroom for what seems like forever. Thanks!

20220610_154439.jpg
Definitely looks like your screen is cracked. The small lines originating at the top look like something was dropped on that corner and shattered the rest of the screen. Won't speak for Ktuner but it kinda looks like you need a new screen...

• Wow
Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely looks like your screen is cracked. The small lines originating at the top look like something was dropped on that corner and shattered the rest of the screen. Won't speak for Ktuner but it kinda looks like you need a new screen...

Thanks! It is what it is. :(

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
@Myx , sorry to hear the bad news. Purchasing new unit is financially costly and this alone is already unfortunate. I hope you can get solution to transfer KTuner license from the old unit to the new unit so you can use the device as it is intended for or at least a solution to unlock your ECU from the old unit.

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Myx , sorry to hear the bad news. Purchasing new unit is financially costly and this alone is already unfortunate. I hope you can get solution to transfer KTuner license from the old unit to the new unit so you can use the device as it is intended for or at least a solution to unlock your ECU from the old unit.
Thanks bro! Looks like I'll be purchasing a new unit. It's unfortunate but it is what it is. :)
I'll probably store my new unit in a bomb proof vault somewhere. :p

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You basically have a KTunerV1.2 since you can't use the screen anymore lol. Why did you remove it and left it unplugged for several months? Seems strange to do that. Did you live in a shady area where break ins or theft happens at the time?