vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I wanted to document my projects with my car for mainly myself to look back at everything done in the future. I also figured if there were any questions with stuff I had done I could at least help answer them for people. This also serves as Honda's Instruction Manual to voiding my warranty. Thanks :D

I purchase mine about 10months ago. I bought the vehicle for $34,127 + $196 Doc Fee + Taxes and Plates, I also purchased a Tire and Wheel Coverage for $500 which I did end up using when I blasted over a rock in the middle of the road at 35mph the day before I switched to my current wheels. Quite the send off if I do say so myself.

My Type R is a 2019 currently clocked at around 13k miles. I love the car as you can see from my mileage. Unfortunately I have yet to get a chance to take it to a track but that is my goal for next summer since I live in the freezing winters of Wisconsin.

My goal with this vehicle is to sit in the mid-high 300 HP range and have a reliable fun vehicle. We'll see how long I can keep the power creep needs off, don't really wanna blow $3000 on a fuel system and then rods and then pistons and then big turbo and then block and now I'm 30k into the thing. So we'll see.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv XDTO0424.JPG

The first thing I did to my vehicle was an Air Intake like a true ricer, I really wanted the nice turbo sound and in oem form it just didn't happen. I did quite a bit of research and the best option I saw for price was stock box, K&N Filter and PRL tubing. So of course, I went with the Takeda Intake, I just got a really good deal on the classified page for about $200. Had to pick it up. The install was super easy took about 30 minutes I did end up re-using one of the stock hoses (the rubber one with two larger tension circles) I did this because it literally melted & ripped after my car got too hot one day, sad days. The picture shown will not show the new hose but will be seen in later pictures.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Takeda Intake(1)

After installation I just went for a quick pull so here is also a video of that. Traction control kicked in a few times so you can hear it a few times instead of just one big nice (Woooosh).

My next addition was a set of Titan 7 T-S5's 18x9.5. I loved the weight savings with the look and cost. I wasn't going to spend almost $4k on a set of Volk's, I love the look but the cost just didn't make sense to me. For tires I went with another cost effective with performance option in the form of Firehawk Indy 500's 265/35/18. The whole set (Wheel and Tire) cost around $3k and another $150 for install. Overall the OEM Wheel and tire combo weigh about 50lbs and with this setup it saved about 7lbs per wheel which a much meatier tire. I absolutely love the look and am waiting till next summer to get some coils.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Titan 7(1)

And here is the final look after install, I did recently get center caps, I actually love the look without but don't want to risk corrosion.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Titan 7(2)

The next thing I did was put a RV6 Downpipe on my car, a 27Won Rear Trans Mount and wrapped my Inlet Pipe to try and help with the overheating issue. The whole project took about a day in total. This includes about a 7 hour soaking of the turbo studs in Liquid Wrench for headache avoiding.

I first started with removing the Air Intake, Cooling Shroud and Inlet Pipe and wrapped the Pipe in the Gold Wrap. I am by no means good at this and it was my first time ever wrapping anything so it looks rough. I'll end up re-wrapping the Intake side when I take it apart again. Here is how it turned out:

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Downpipe(1).JPG

Again the Wrap job is tragic so ya, just do better than I did and you'll be good. Next came the 7 hour soak. I was told the studs are known to snap and I just don't have time for that. Everything came off very smoothly barely had to use any force it was truly a spectacle. Whole tear down took forever, I didn't look at any instructions in the beginning and didn't see the small brackets that hold the Downpipe in to stop it from shaking. Also didn't understand that the Turbo Heat Shield is attached to the front as well as the sides. Otherwise everything else was easy and didn't take much to get it off.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Downpipe(2).JPG

While I had the Downpipe out I did the Rear Mount as I could move the whole motor back and forth where I needed it. Made the install literally easier than the intake, it probably took 15 minutes max to pull out the stock one and put the 27Won Mount in. The noise is much more grumbly which I love and is really not annoying after 1k miles.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Downpipe(3).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Rear Mount.JPG

Lastly I wrapped the Downpipe, dropped that bad boy back in and screwed everything back in. I do have Hondata with the car but unfortunately my system was not working so I'm waiting for it to be shipped back to me :(

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Downpipe(6).JPG

After that fun stuff I went full hot boy and decided I wanted some nice Spoon Sports Mirror Glass' I really wanted some Spoon things but didn't really know what I wanted so I went the basic b**** route and this is where it brought me.

However I didn't want to go the way of over laying the glass over the oem because it will just crack if I ever want or need to take it off. It also eliminates the possibility of making a mistake and having to re-do it. I started off using a plastic removal tool and a cloth to remove the glass from the mirror housing.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Spoon Mirror(1).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Spoon Mirror(2).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Spoon Mirror(3).JPG

Once the mirror was off I removed the glass from the plastic piece that holds it to the housing. All I used was floss and another smaller plastic removal tool to lightly pry the edges. Once it was off it I just slapped the new one on there with the 3M provided by Spoon (ooh wow fancy).

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Spoon Mirror(4).JPG

And here is the final result, it took more work than the more basic way however I feel this way makes it less cheap feeling than the way I have seen it completed previously.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Spoon Mirror(5).JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Spoon Mirror(6).JPG

I will include anything else I'm doing in posts below this one as I am constantly working on projects or getting projects ready.

So far this is everything I have done to my car minus a few things I never took photos of, here is a full list of what I've done:
Perrin Shift Collar
Takeda Air Intake
Type R Wide Grille
Titan 7 T-S5
Civic Type R Caps 58mm
Hondata
RV6 Downpipe
PTP Turbo Blanket & Downpipe Wrap
Gold Wrap Inlet Pipe
27Won Solid Rear Mount
Spoon Side View Mirrors
Skunk 2 Shift Knob
Spoon Radiator Cap
Spoon Oil Cap
Mishimoto Catch Can

Last edited:
OP
OP
vSneaKv

vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Instead of posting this on the main page since it isn't done, here is my current project. I picked up a J's Racing Valve Cover and got #24. It's beautiful and I love it.
Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Valve Cover(1).JPG

My issue is there currently isn't a Spark Plug Cover for this car that I know of at least. Water leaking in is an actual issue that is seen when using the Engine Cover, so without it I really wanna stop anything coming in. My plan is to make a mold out of clay and hopefully use Carbon Fiber to make a Spark Plug Cover for my car that will keep water from making my hot boy purchase a mistake. Thankfully my GF knows to work with clay, cause I do not.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv Valve Cover(3).JPG

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your car looks great keep up the good work! Nice to see another person with the J's cover, it's one of my favorite mods.

OP
OP
vSneaKv

vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Thank you! Really excited to get it on, seems like a straight forward install.

Your car looks great keep up the good work! Nice to see another person with the J's cover, it's one of my favorite mods.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
vSneaKv

vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Welp while I’m working on the Spark Plug Cover I did a few things on the side since it takes so long to drive.

I covered the red stripe on my car with an eBay carbon fiber strip.

-https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBON-FIBER-BLACK-Roll-Pinstriping-Pin-Stripe-Car-Motorcycle-Tape-Decal-Sticker/323970310830?var=513012387891&hash=item4b6e22a2ae:g:YQQAAOSwePpdwSyP

Final results not even noticeable but what’s done is done.
Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv 5B7B3188-D7DB-4E5B-954E-A8F94DF4313E

I also got my Spoon Sports Rearview Mirror yesterday....
Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv CD18BDD4-5388-42D0-96CE-486B191190B7

And then I proceeded to snap it in half like an absolute idiot. Sad Days.
Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv DCC81D2A-23C4-4005-AE86-58B7F3ED2751

But we’ll forget that happened, order a new one and move on with life. :)

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Glad I'm not the only one that did that to the mirror...... that's some seriously thick 3M on the back :\

Luckily my crack is on the outer edge past the window line... :(

[F]

OP
OP
vSneaKv

vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Glad I'm not the only one that did that to the mirror...... that's some seriously thick 3M on the back :\

Luckily my crack is on the outer edge past the window line... :(

[F]
Ya I pressed off to the left of the 3M and it snapped with almost no force. Kinda disappointing cause they’re on back order and I waited 3 weeks for this one :/

OP
OP
vSneaKv

vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
The New Valve Cover Is On! Super easy install, I did forgot to put my PCV Hose back on my catch can during initial startup and thought my car was gonna explode but that was a quick brain fart fix.

Final Results are beautiful:
Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv 6AA2C901-B18A-4688-9781-8CB0048C5160

I should also include my mistakes in here to document them. I am still working on my Spark Plug Cover. The one I made I unfortunately didn’t use enough epoxy on the final later and then when I went to sand it smooth I sanded through the carbon fiber. This caused the clear coat when sprayed to bubble up on those areas and just made it look terrible. I did test fit it to get an idea as I will end up doing this again when I have time. The cut lines are obviously off as I just rushed it together to see how it would look.

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv CBE6D206-97B6-48AE-BC61-D2A36371F354

It doesn’t look terrible I guess but I’m unhappy with the results. So back to the drawing board I go.

OP
OP
vSneaKv

vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Started a mini project of making my car match alittle better. I painted my Mishimoto Catch Can bracket since it was red and the battery terminal cover. I plan to get a different intake as well. Would love to get an Eventuri but can’t see myself spending over 1k on an Intake.

However here’s what I got done over the week:

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv 15473D6D-8436-4144-9332-6974B4AB14A1

I also did the battery terminal cover as well, I think I might remove the clear coat though and give it a matte look, not sure yet but here is the final result:

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv 6D27B279-1C5E-4BFC-8FBC-3A6029CDF1A4

I currently have 2 projects in the works which I’ll be slowly getting done during winter. The first thing I’ll be getting done is carbon skinning and alcantara wrapping the cheap looking fake carbon trim. I have already stripped the car completely:

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv 902D8F63-9A63-4A0F-8484-63122DC21C6F

A lot of stuff had to be taken apart to get those panels out holy cow. Not the greatest of designs unfortunately. However I got them all off without too much of a headache:

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv 04EC926C-D650-4C7D-BB08-41EBB63B8986

And then I have a few projects on the way currently, clutch line, port injection kit with controller, fuel pump, injectors basically everything. I’ll most likely wait to get rods and pistons before install and tuning with the port kit though so we’ll see.

OP
OP
vSneaKv

vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I did this one a while just haven’t gotten around to posting it. I completed the interior pieces, however I need to redo 1 area because I didn’t realize I cut it and you can see some white showing. Here’s what it looks like:

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv 360FF1AB-456C-4590-BE11-1A8B622B5F9A

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv A76BC395-B535-454A-A0D3-827ACC39B2D4

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv 30C73EF4-969F-4A8F-BD8B-F058D3FADEE6

Honda Civic 10th gen My Type R Mods - vSneaKv CF15E321-5F6E-4D74-B743-FEAA9A717C83

The guy I was going to buy the port injection kit backed out on me which is unfortunate, but I did get a nice set of HKS Coilovers which I’ve already installed and will get pictures up when I get a chance.