My Type R Christmas Eve-Eve Test Drive (Long read)

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man this thread could go on forever. OP talks over and over about how great a rear wheel drive sports car feels. Forget the R, it will never be for you until they make it awd. And even then, you still may not like it.
Sponsored

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
d
Picked up my car yesterday afternoon, here are the obligatory pics from the dealership, along with one I took when I got back to work. The dealer has a CW CTR in the showroom when I was signing the paperwork for the Accord. They were still asking $5k over MSRP. The salesman said it had been there for a few days, it is the 4th or 5th one they've gotten and the first to not have sold the day it came in. I sat in it again, I like the seating position and the interior layout, however, the Accord was still a better fit for my needs.
Wow, looks nice. I would love to own one. I will start praying for our MSM 9th Gen Accord EX-L to disappear or something.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
But, in reality, this person paid a lot more than $1,100 in ADM, no? Like the airfare, transportation to the airport, hotels and meals along the way, extra mileage on the car (reduction in fair value of the car), gasoline, time at the CA DMV to register the car (isn't there like an extra inspection for out-of-state cars in CA?), and, most importantly, time . . . . time away from friends, family, hobbies, so on.

I am not putting anyone down for doing this, because I have done this many times when I was younger. I realized at some point along the way that it really wasn't worth it . . . . to me . . . . because time is sometimes more valuable than money when you get older.

I read this in a fortune cookie once.
I talked to this guy. He said he wanted to do it anyway so it worked out. I’m lazy so I probably would have paid the money but blue is so hard to find here even if you are willing to pay the premium.

And yes there is an additional step where u need to smog it.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Curious, how much does it cost to do the additional smog test? I find it ridiculous that you have to do so for a brand new car certified in all 50 states. Feels like Cali gov is double-dipping.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Curious, how much does it cost to do the additional smog test? I find it ridiculous that you have to do so for a brand new car certified in all 50 states. Feels like Cali gov is double-dipping.
40-50-ish.
Sponsored