Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
WOOO!
Omg allright. The clutch fits perfectly, no pedal adjustment required, all gears went in fine from the get go.

1- Engagement point is super low, I barely lift my foot and it's already ready to go, so thats something I have to work on since with the OEM clutch, the engagement point was super high.
2- Clutch is super stiff, CC claims 20% more than OEM I think but it's more than that, not a bad thing in my opinion, but I feel it could get annoying in bumper to bumper traffic.

Thats all I have for right now, let me tell you, this is one hell of a clutch, the engagement is smooth, yet you can feel it grip like crazy. Can wait to get on it once the break in is done!

Ill keep everyone posted
That's great news, can't wait to get mine! How much did it cost for install. I'm going to do mine with at my brother's shop next month, but considered paying to get it done sooner. Thanks for the promising post.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That's great news, can't wait to get mine! How much did it cost for install. I'm going to do mine with at my brother's shop next month, but considered paying to get it done sooner. Thanks for the promising post.
Cost me 600$ for the install, that's 8 hours of labor, keep in mind this is Canadian dollars, so Im guessing around 450-500 USD?

Yeah man I'm sure you'll like it a lot! Now the only missing part is seeing if its gonna lockout at high rpm or not, either me or @Jes_si562 will finish the break in first then we can test :p

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Do you have chatter ? When you try to take off with little rev?

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
No chatter at all on my side in 1st and reverse, since the engagement point is so low yeah it can get tricky for now trying to feel how much gas I need to give it

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Do you have chatter ? When you try to take off with little rev?
Just seen you said your engagement point was really high, mine is really low, tbh I dont know if it should be high or low, but mine feels great with no chatter

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I have a prl braided line with the clutch delay valve don’t think that would cause the chatter I have adjusted my clutch with the stock clutch so possibly if I had it on the stock position it would of been slightly the same. Who knows I don’t have chatter when I rev over 1000rpm only when I try to take off under 1000rpm

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe My install to who knows ??‍♂

VinoKB24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI FC3
Country flag
WOOO!
Omg allright. The clutch fits perfectly, no pedal adjustment required, all gears went in fine from the get go.

1- Engagement point is super low, I barely lift my foot and it's already ready to go, so thats something I have to work on since with the OEM clutch, the engagement point was super high.
2- Clutch is super stiff, CC claims 20% more than OEM I think but it's more than that, not a bad thing in my opinion, but I feel it could get annoying in bumper to bumper traffic.

Thats all I have for right now, let me tell you, this is one hell of a clutch, the engagement is smooth, yet you can feel it grip like crazy. Can wait to get on it once the break in is done!

Ill keep everyone posted

I have a questions regarding the stiffness, not sure if you ever felt the type r retrofit but which clutch would you say is more stiff compared from those two?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm looking forward to a stiffer pedal I think the stock clutch is too light.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
No chatter at all on my side in 1st and reverse, since the engagement point is so low yeah it can get tricky for now trying to feel how much gas I need to give it
Did you do stage 2 with the 20lb flywheel or the ultralight flywheel?

Last edited:

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did you do stage 2 with the 20lb flywheel or the ultralight flywheel?
Its with the lightweight (22lbs) not the ultralight, regarding the stiffness, I would say its stiffer than both stock and retrofit, tbh I really like the stiffness, as I said Im feeling it could only be an issue if you dont like a stiff clutch when theres bumper to bumper traffic, stock clutch is indeed way too light. @VinoKB24

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Little update for everyone.

Clutch is still super great, Im nearing the end of the break in period, currently at 350-400miles on it. No chatter at all, clutch engages super smoothly, did a small pull in 3rd gear yesterday and clutch was not slipping at all and was grabbing like crazy, I could end the break in right now but Ill wait until I get that 500 miles on the counter.

Ill do some WOT test really soon to see if any lockouts are happening or not.

Cheers

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Clutch is still super great, Im nearing the end of the break in period, currently at 350-400miles on it. No chatter at all, clutch engages super smoothly, did a small pull in 3rd gear yesterday and clutch was not slipping at all and was grabbing like crazy, I could end the break in right now but Ill wait until I get that 500 miles on the counter.

Cheers
This is good to hear. I've been turned off the ACT clutch kit which I was looking at. Are you still on the stock CMC and clutch cable?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Cheers
My comp kit just shipped, your giving me hope that I made the right purchase!

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is good to hear. I've been turned off the ACT clutch kit which I was looking at. Are you still on the stock CMC and clutch cable?
Yep still on OEM CMC and clutch line, I don't see the point in upgrading at this point with CC clutch kit, I'll upgrade in the future if issues arise, but for now, everything is great!
Sponsored