First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey guys,

As I said in another post here, I have a competition clutch kit stage 2 on the way.
Will get it installed as soon as it's here. I know a lot of people are waiting on some more feedback before buying a clutch and a lot of people are waiting on competition clutch feedback about chatter, lockouts etc.

Just wanted to make this thread right now so I will be able to update it as soon as the clutch is installed, some of you might want to know how the clutch is doing before buying it.

Just know that I will review it soon! :)

Thanks
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
What are your goals for this clutch? Just to fix any current slipping you are experiencing? Or to be able to hold more power that you've been adding to your Si? I'm curious to know if there's any 'stage 1' clutch upgrades out there, as I don't anticipate myself going beyond the extra power a canned tune provides.

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What are your goals for this clutch? Just to fix any current slipping you are experiencing? Or to be able to hold more power that you've been adding to your Si? I'm curious to know if there's any 'stage 1' clutch upgrades out there, as I don't anticipate myself going beyond the extra power a canned tune provides.
Yes, clutch been slipping for the last month from Phearable and TSP tune. I mostly drive in MAP 1 right now to avoid the excessive torque while I wait for my new clutch. I plan on upgrading the turbo in the future so 425wtq from this clutch was beyond what I would need, but Ive heard people still having issue with ACT so I decided to give Competition a shot.

Competition are supposed to release a stage 1 clutch kit in the near future so stay tuned for that also.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was excited to read this post until I realized that it's just a placeholder with no facts or opinions yet. :confused:

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I was excited to read this post until I realized that it's just a placeholder with no facts or opinions yet. :confused:
Well sorry to disappoint for now, I knew I would get a comment like that, just wanted to let people know my review on it is coming for those that wanted some feedback. I did not see anyone else say they bought and planned to install competition's clutch so at least people know they can wait and see what it looks like..

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Thanks for taking the time to do this and give your feedback. I'm sure a lot of people will find it helpful. I'm still on the CTR retro bandwagon but open to possible alternatives before I actually pull the trigger. My goal isn't for added power, I just want to get a SMF to get rid of the slow drop in revs when shifting and still feel like OEM as much as possible.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
I have installed the clutch guys it’s been great so far at first I had problems with it. Couldn’t get into gear but a pedal adjustment helped. There’s chatter in first and reverse but not bad chatter. Pedal is not to stiff, over all it’s been good. Waiting for the 500 break in period to really try it out

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have installed the clutch guys it’s been great so far at first I had problems with it. Couldn’t get into gear but a pedal adjustment helped. There’s chatter in first and reverse but not bad chatter. Pedal is not to stiff, over all it’s been good. Waiting for the 500 break in period to really try it out
Awesome man, that's good to know, Im receiving mine today, will be installing it this weekend or next week.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Awesome man, that's good to know, Im receiving mine today, will be installing it this weekend or next week.
Good luck ! Hopefully your turns out good

ChefBoyardeez10

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FC3
Country flag
OP, got an update? I got the retro-kit in my cart haha, I am interested in this clutch kit as well.

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
OP, got an update? I got the retro-kit in my cart haha, I am interested in this clutch kit as well.
Hey man, getting it installed this Friday so I cant give you an update yet, maybe @Jes_si562 can chime in and give us an update on how the clutch feels!

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey man, getting it installed this Friday so I cant give you an update yet, maybe @Jes_si562 can chime in and give us an update on how the clutch feels!
If you don't mind my asking, what's the clutch install running you?

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The clutch has been great so far. It chatters on reverse and the engagement point on it is high so you have to get use to it

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you don't mind my asking, what's the clutch install running you?
The owner said around 6 hours at 85$CAD/hours. So around 500$

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any questions feel free to ask
Sponsored