My Street and Trackday build 1.5T

HardNFast14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Turbo (EX-T)
Wow really interesting build! Especially love the ap racing brakes they like they belong in a GTR. Are you going to be participating in any Track events or is just to show whose boss on the street?
Sponsored

OP
OP
carfun

carfun

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gt-tune.com
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5t, EVO9, RS4, GTR R35
Country flag
Wow really interesting build! Especially love the ap racing brakes they like they belong in a GTR. Are you going to be participating in any Track events or is just to show whose boss on the street?
Thnaks. The ap is good braking. Yes I will attend some track day event in China.

OP
OP
carfun

carfun

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gt-tune.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What springs did you use?!?! I honestly can't find any for this year:/
For the spring Front i use some e class spring and Rear I use FA1 tein and swift spring which similar long. I think best way is wait for coilover. BC racing has release coilover for our car.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thnaks. The ap is good braking. Yes I will attend some track day event in China.
Please get some video and record some stats if possible at track day! Thanks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
For the spring Front i use some e class spring and Rear I use FA1 tein and swift spring which similar long. I think best way is wait for coilover. BC racing has release coilover for our car.
That's awesome!! Thanks for the info

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
The brakes are a little overkill, but not when you consider he'll be tracking the car. Civics haven't done that badly in racing...
The FC civic is a far cry from the eg/ek civic. No more double wishbone. an extra like 1000 lbs... They aren't comparable.

just... why a 1.5t civic sedan?

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Because that's what he wants. We used to put up with this sh*t even with our Talons/Eclipses, that responded VERY well to performance parts... "Why bother with that piece of Japan econocrap? Why not a Porshuh or Corvette?"

Because it's what we have, and what we want to do. So just mind your own damned business... You also don't need the super-fancy suspensions to be competitive. Why do you think they get rid of it when they can? Regular stuff works almost as well. This isn't Formula 1... ;)

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Because that's what he wants. We used to put up with this sh*t even with our Talons/Eclipses, that responded VERY well to performance parts... "Why bother with that piece of Japan econocrap? Why not a Porshuh or Corvette?"

Because it's what we have, and what we want to do. So just mind your own damned business... You also don't need the super-fancy suspensions to be competitive. Why do you think they get rid of it when they can? Regular stuff works almost as well. This isn't Formula 1... ;)
I rode in a turbo Talon once that had some minor top end mods that pulled extremely hard. I was very impressed.

It probably won't be long before you see 1.5T Civics on youtube with several hundred HP.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I rode in a turbo Talon once that had some minor top end mods that pulled extremely hard. I was very impressed.

It probably won't be long before you see 1.5T Civics on youtube with several hundred HP.
My old Talon would walk all over Corvettes all day long, drag strip and track. I did have a tad more than "minor top end" mods :p

Those brakes are just sexy! I'd be interested to see how this does at the track. Great work, very anxious to see how this car progresses.

OP
OP
carfun

carfun

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gt-tune.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do the 2016 Civic 1.5T come in 6 speed MT? or did you change CVT to MT?
For China model it come with 6 speed MT.
Sponsored