My Si was appraised by Carmax

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
@VarmintCong I don't think I've driven my Si to the limits of seeing what I would be missing without an LSD, from your observation having driven both, what situation did it make you feel like "yeap, this is exactly why I got the Si and traded my hatch."?
The hatch would lose traction accelerating in first or second while turning, especially in the rain. The Si puts the power down much more effectively. Seems better in the snow too but haven't had many chances to drive in the snow. But the same issue happened all the time in the hatch with snow, one wheel spinning and taking all the power from the other wheel.

If it doesn't bother you, you don't need it, but coming from RWD cars it was rather noticeable to me. It's probably more noticeable in a manual too, since power delivery can be more snappy.
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm curious what have you updated that made your hatch enjoyable to your taste aside from the head unit? One of the main things I thought of if I was to get the hatchback and considering that I came from an Si would likely be the shifter, exhaust, springs, and lighter wheel/grippier tire setup.

As for your question, I desire the hatch because of it's practicality of being a hatch. I came from a 2005 Civic Si and a Honda Fit Sport, both very fun hatchback cars in their own shiny ways and this is my first sedan. I also ride bikes and sometimes my fiancee would go along with me, I prefer to take two bikes inside the car than having a roof rack and this is where the hatchback's space and ease to stuff two bikes come into play. The sedan for being a sedan is really difficult with fitting two bikes with both front wheels of on both bikes. And also I like hatchbacks just in general.
Cool, I guess I take my hatch for granted because we also have a minivan, so when we have excess junk to haul obvsiously we don't even consider taking the civic.

As for the improvements besides the head unit (i lived with the 5" joke for a couple years), the intake/exhaust were 2 big ones that make driving so satisfying. I'm addicted to the sounds of the turbo and also the scream coming from the rear in the upper rpm's. I love the looks as well, after adding a spoiler (non-typeR) and some other cosmetic bits. Stock handling is great too, at least for my purposes. I love taking the backroads home from work which have some twisties.

If you consider the combination of price, good looks, performance, and mpg's, the CivicX is hard to beat.

OP
OP

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The hatch would lose traction accelerating in first or second while turning, especially in the rain. The Si puts the power down much more effectively. Seems better in the snow too but haven't had many chances to drive in the snow. But the same issue happened all the time in the hatch with snow, one wheel spinning and taking all the power from the other wheel.

If it doesn't bother you, you don't need it, but coming from RWD cars it was rather noticeable to me. It's probably more noticeable in a manual too, since power delivery can be more snappy.
Got it, I'm sure I've experienced it first hand then when taking corners at a decent speed and the car follows through without any tire noise (maybe?) I'm going to stick with my car for now unless I have the itch again, usually happens every other month.

OP
OP

perkidddoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
@jtrader yeah, I'm sure it'd be different if I had a second car that I can fit bikes in.

Yeah that's infotainment definitely has to go, it looks so outdated and basic for this generation.

You're right, the platform in general is great value, I still have fun with my Si and enjoy the car despite looking at other cars.
Sponsored