My Si is single-handedly ruining the ozone!

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
I swear at every stop light every truck or minivan starts off normal, which I do also. Though I’m starting off normal once said vehicle hears my Magnaflow exhaust they consider it a challenge and accelerate (using gallons and gallons of gas). I don’t even notice they’re racing unless my window is down and hear their motors at the point of implosion. Just thought I’d share what a simple exhaust mod has led to, excessive greenhouse gas emission. LOL
Sponsored

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
If a minivan driver gets all moist in the shorts over a loud Honda civic, then let them. They’ll be paying for it at the gas pump, not you.

It’ll be okay, buddy.

An older Chevy Tahoe with no exhaust tried to overtake me a couple weeks ago. I guess he thought I was accelerating too slow for him. I kept up with it up to about 95 mph in a 55 when I lifted off. I like how the current Si gets people feeling something when they see it. On the south side of Indianapolis where I currently live, everybody loves their V8s and think they are a race car drivers.

All day all night. All you can hear outside are V8s screaming in the distance.

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I experience this daily when I drive. People look at my Si, hear my catback exhaust and automatically think I’m challenging them. When really, I’m shifting at 3k and driving normally. Sometimes I drive like a grandma. Just depends on my mood.

I just laugh that they’re trying to prove their manhood in a minivan or old sketchy car to somebody who doesn’t give a shit.

They want to overtake me? Be my guest. Just makes them look stupid especially if I accept the challenge once in a while :cool:;)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have a tuned non-Si turbo with twin shiny exhaust tips. On the highway, it seems like every sport compact known to man behind me speeds up to pass to prove their manhood. Sometimes I let them go and sometimes I show them up depending on traffic conditions and my mood. :cool:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Merely seeing the large wing of the Type R is enough to induce rage or someone who wants to suddenly race you. It comes with the car! No mods needed. :flame:

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
Merely seeing the large wing of the Type R is enough to induce rage or someone who wants to suddenly race you. It comes with the car! No mods needed. :flame:
Not gonna lie, I was driving like a grandma on my way home from work the other day when a CTR caught up driving spiritedly. I didn't even notice at first that I instinctively started keeping a quicker pace
Sponsored