OP
OP
herox

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Mine after 6 months and 4K miles. Should I be worried?

20190317_090752.jpg

20190317_090817.jpg
It’s not a serious issue but you’ll want to bring it in for service when you have time. From the look of things it’s somewhat common so I’m relieved that others have come forth. Still sucks that it’s a problem on a new car.

I have the same problem taking it in to service dep Tuesday.
Thanks for coming forth and please do let us know the resolution. They replaced the gasket on my car. I asked about the fuel dilution update and they said it doesn't apply to my car since my check engine light isn't lit............

simonjr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 2002 Honda CRV Ex 5spd
Country flag
Hey guys, noticed this was trending. I have the same issue with the gasket leak noticeably in the same area as op. Taking it in tomorrow hopefully to have the head gasket replaced under warranty.

Honda Civic 10th gen My SI is leaking oil, what about yours? 18EE6518-4382-4E73-A4BB-E41DA50B5A2F

Honda Civic 10th gen My SI is leaking oil, what about yours? 4AF93213-A5FE-45A7-9019-5F9A6DA62C4A

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I guess its just oil from the dipstick whenever you tried to check oil level

clutchfear

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge avenger , previous 2013 dodge dart manual
Country flag
Hondabond? Really? Why do threads like this sound more like a Chevy forum?

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Mine leaks bad above the oil filter. But Honda "mechanics" have proven incompetent in this area (trashed my undercover and stripped all the retaining bolts the first time they examined it)

I am worried they would make a bad situation worst and lose screws, use the wrong torque etc scrape up things etc.. It's a shame Honda cant produce a sealed engine from the factory.

OP
OP
herox

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Hondabond? Really? Why do threads like this sound more like a Chevy forum?
Sad but true.

Mine leaks bad above the oil filter. But Honda "mechanics" have proven incompetent in this area (trashed my undercover and stripped all the retaining bolts the first time they examined it)

I am worried they would make a bad situation worst and lose screws, use the wrong torque etc scrape up things etc.. It's a shame Honda cant produce a sealed engine from the factory.
Quoted for truth. They replaced my valve cover gasket but didn't take the time to properly clean up the oil.

Last edited:

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
so I have had this issue for awhile. not very common from what I've seen. been to the dealer twice for it. "Valve cover gasket" was the fix second time around & as you can see it's still seeping out. haven't driven it in a few months but noticed it's started coming back. dunno if anyone else has run into this but will be taking it back soon! doesn't even have 11k on it

IMG_20190125_143845.jpg
Yes I had this exact leak as well. 1st "fix" did nothing. Then they replaced the gasket a second time and it has been dry for about 6 months now. When you go back make sure you insist the get the proper amount of sealant or whatever they use Done properly this leak can be fixed!

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Come on honda... engines are always been the strength of honda. I never thought i would say this but i start to have concerns about the reliability of the L15B7.
ĂŽll have to take an appointment with the honda dealer...

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
They replaced the gasket on my car. I asked about the fuel dilution update and they said it doesn't apply to my car since my check engine light isn't lit............
CONGRATULATIONS ..

Honda Civic 10th gen My SI is leaking oil, what about yours? 7f78df98a98d96251a427f88bf14785b

That's the best one I have heard in 2019 !!!! :rofl:

2nd best was " The gas smell in the oil will go away after the next 1-2 oil changes"

The most common one "It's not a fault, it's meant to be like that" is now fast loosing it's place on the "Stupid Dealer Answers" List !!

OP
OP
herox

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Come on honda... engines are always been the strength of honda. I never thought i would say this but i start to have concerns about the reliability of the L15B7.
ĂŽll have to take an appointment with the honda dealer...
I'm starting to have concerns about the AC compressor now. I could be paranoid but I feel like it isn't blowing as cold as it did last year. Searching civicx shows quite a few people have had leaky AC compressors. They definitely don't make them like they used to.

CONGRATULATIONS ..

7f78df98a98d96251a427f88bf14785b.jpg

That's the best one I have heard in 2019 !!!! :rofl:

2nd best was " The gas smell in the oil will go away after the next 1-2 oil changes"

The most common one "It's not a fault, it's meant to be like that" is now fast loosing it's place on the "Stupid Dealer Answers" List !!
I was dumbfounded. I'll have to give them props though, they were very effective in convincing me not to push for the update.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I'm starting to have concerns about the AC compressor now. I could be paranoid but I feel like it isn't blowing as cold as it did last year. Searching civicx shows quite a few people have had leaky AC compressors. They definitely don't make them like they used to.

I was dumbfounded. I'll have to give them props though, they were very effective in convincing me not to push for the update.
That's one "skill" they have very good at ... Convincing customer's that their made up Lies are the truth.

:dance:
In general. if a Dealer's mouth is moving, they are lying.

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Staten Island NY service dep did my valve cover gasket yesterday free of charge also did some software update.

si_zaleski

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si MSM
Country flag
Yes I had this exact leak as well. 1st "fix" did nothing. Then they replaced the gasket a second time and it has been dry for about 6 months now. When you go back make sure you insist the get the proper amount of sealant or whatever they use Done properly this leak can be fixed!
Thanks for the heads up !!

simonjr

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI 2002 Honda CRV Ex 5spd
Country flag
Just an update from when i brought my si into the dealer. They claimed there was no leak and the excess oil seen in the photos was from the last oil service I had where the previous mechanic spilled oil near the gasket when refilling. Granted the oil around the gasket cover is not nearly as excessive compared to others who have posted there observations in this thread. I will continue to monitor and update if discover new findings.
Sponsored