si_zaleski

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si MSM
Country flag
Just an update from when i brought my si into the dealer. They claimed there was no leak and the excess oil seen in the photos was from the last oil service I had where the previous mechanic spilled oil near the gasket when refilling. Granted the oil around the gasket cover is not nearly as excessive compared to others who have posted there observations in this thread. I will continue to monitor and update if discover new findings.
have an update as well. Was told the oil was "residual from the valve cover gasket change" so I'm going to watch it & we'll see how long it takes to come back this time around. at least they gave me the module update & an oil change at no charge.
Sponsored

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
What I have come across is that owners are using aftermarket Oil Caps that require removing the rubber seal from the factory and placing it on. If this is not you, then please ignore.

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Yes it is HondaBond and yes valve cover leaks are common on this vehicle, from the factory. Many have had it taken care of under warranty. Mine leaked a bit but never enough to warrant a trip to the dealer.
Same here I have an 2017 si coupe and I leak like this and I think its doesn't need a fix for now... I think its an minor leak and my dealer said me nothing about it. Anyway I have 160k kilo waranty.
Sponsored