Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Well as some of you know, I've went with the Invidia R400 exhaust. I did a lot of research on various exhaust for our FK8. Price ranging from HKS @ $700 to various JDM ones for @ $4k, which is ridiculous. I tried to keep the 3 exhaust tip type like the stock. At first I was contemplating on the dual tip design but there was just "something" that pushed me away from that look. Until one of the member here made a comment about the dual exhaust tip makes our car looks like a Mini. I guess that was it. Anyways to the review. I really like this kit. From the welding to the bends and it comes with the mid pipe, which a lot of other system doesn't. I like the way it bolts in. Full 3" piping. I never liked those "slip on" type of exhaust using clamps (that's just me). The install was "easy" being that I didn't have a lift like other reviews I've watch. All done in my garage. The mid pipe was a PITA. Both to remove the stock and install the new one. I also like that you can adjust the position of the muffler left or right so you can center it. First start up was a little drone but bearable. Drove around a little bit and the sound was okay. Mind you at this time I was still "breaking in" my car so no over 3k rpm. Once "broken in" was done, OMG the drone on this exhaust past 3k was loud AF and you lose a little bottom end torque. Funny my daughter who was with me didn't even mind, maybe I'm an old fart but my other cars ('89 civic Si and Evo 8 ) has an RS*R exhaust and it doesn't sound this loud. The Active Sound even made it worst. So like a lot of us here I've disabled it and it helped a little bit. Right now after @ 200 miles on the exhaust, it seems to have quiet down a little bit or maybe I am getting use to it. For @ 1k it is not a bad exhaust but be prepared for the drone. I know that"glass packing" in the muffler will need to "break in." Maybe that's why the RS*R exhaust on my other car has a soft drone. Anyways, I hope this help anybody here looking for an aftermarket exhaust.:)
Honda Civic 10th gen My review of Invidia R400 exhaust. 20200817_203924
Honda Civic 10th gen My review of Invidia R400 exhaust. 20200817_203953

Last edited:

Mike2954...

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type r
Country flag
Where did you get your invidia from? I order mine early June and estimated shipping date just got pushed to Late September!

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
Where did you get your invidia from? I order mine early June and estimated shipping date just got pushed to Late September!
Which part # did you order? We might have one in stock.

BTW, nice write up OP!

-Josh

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Talk to Dane.

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Nice. I have the r400, the tone is awesome and it's loud enough without being obnoxious.

My PRL catted downpipe had it's cat damaged from hitting a deer. I did what any reasonable person would do, try to exchange it... Juusst kidding I took a crow bar, a 6 pound maul, and some tin snips and went to town on the cat, which FYI is tougher than all mighty hell and took wayyy longer than I thought it would to remove. I'm just running the stock exhaust ATM, I still need to throw on my front pipe but when I tried last I forgot my socket set and borrowed my dad's and they were those useless 12points which get destroyed easily.

The r400 was just bearable with a HFC, it would probably annoy me being even louder in the cabin so I might not use it. Hopefully someone can chime in to how bad the drone is catless, and hopefully it doesn't add rasp. When it's cooler out I might throw the whole thing back on for the hell of it. Once I get my turbo and shoot above 400hp I'll need to have it back on or the stock exhaust will be a restriction.

It would be nice if the q300 muffler fit on the midpipe/resonator of the r400 and I could swap out the mufflers. Invidia never responded to my question seeing if it would work. But it's nothing a band saw and some v band clamps won't fix.

The bottom of my Titanium tips got a little scratched going onto a tow truck :(

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda HR-V Sport; 2019 Honda Civic Type R;
Country flag
I’ve had mine on for about 600 miles and the drone definitely went down over time. Not saying it isn’t obnoxious at times but I enjoy mine.

OP
OP
Warpspeed

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ve had mine on for about 600 miles and the drone definitely went down over time. Not saying it isn’t obnoxious at times but I enjoy mine.
Mine is starting to go down in the drone department. Can't drive around a lot now since my area is on fire.(NorCal)

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
But
Well as some of you know, I've went with the Invidia R400 exhaust. I did a lot of research on various exhaust for our FK8. Price ranging from HKS @ $700 to various JDM ones for @ $4k, which is ridiculous. I tried to keep the 3 exhaust tip type like the stock. At first I was contemplating on the dual tip design but there was just "something" that pushed me away from that look. Until one of the member here made a comment about the dual exhaust tip makes our car looks like a Mini. I guess that was it. Anyways to the review. I really like this kit. From the welding to the bends and it comes with the mid pipe, which a lot of other system doesn't. I like the way it bolts in. Full 3" piping. I never liked those "slip on" type of exhaust using clamps (that's just me). The install was "easy" being that I didn't have a lift like other reviews I've watch. All done in my garage. The mid pipe was a PITA. Both to remove the stock and install the new one. I also like that you can adjust the position of the muffler left or right so you can center it. First start up was a little drone but bearable. Drove around a little bit and the sound was okay. Mind you at this time I was still "breaking in" my car so no over 3k rpm. Once "broken in" was done, OMG the drone on this exhaust past 3k was loud AF and you lose a little bottom end torque. Funny my daughter who was with me didn't even mind, maybe I'm an old fart but my other cars ('89 civic Si and Evo 8 ) has an RS*R exhaust and it doesn't sound this loud. The Active Sound even made it worst. So like a lot of us here I've disabled it and it helped a little bit. Right now after @ 200 miles on the exhaust, it seems to have quiet down a little bit or maybe I am getting use to it. For @ 1k it is not a bad exhaust but be prepared for the drone. I know that"glass packing" in the muffler will need to "break in." Maybe that's why the RS*R exhaust on my other car has a soft drone. Anyways, I hope this help anybody here looking for an aftermarket exhaust.:)
20200817_203924.jpg
20200817_203953.jpg
Yeah I noticed the bottom end is a bit slower or less torque with the r400 compared to stock also. I thought I was crazy