Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Honda Accord
Country flag
Here we are mid March and even now it still hasn’t been installed
What's the deal? If you need help I'll come over there and help you out. As long as you're in North Carolina. Unless you want to fly me out to wherever you are I'll give you a hand and we'll get that thing installed

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's the deal? If you need help I'll come over there and help you out. As long as you're in North Carolina. Unless you want to fly me out to wherever you are I'll give you a hand and we'll get that thing installed
In all honesty though. if you go to a muffler shop you can have it done for like $150 Max

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
I can install an exhaust lol. I just live in California and the thought of getting a $1,000 fine always looms over me

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with the Gemini from Invidia and I may blow my brains out with the drone.
1,000 miles on it and it is still pretty loud.
Best of luck

Mantihts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
I went with the Gemini from Invidia and I may blow my brains out with the drone.
Best of luck
Lmao. I feel you.

r400 catless checking in. Have had it for about 3700mi. Sounds a lot better now than when I put it on. A lot better. Still loud as hell, still have drone on the highway, but the pitch has changed drastically.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
There is some modification on the R400. I add this extra resonator and it sounds with much less drone now. I'll call the drone level to be more on the loud side not bad noise. It didn't really change the tone but does make it much better cursing on highway. Even better, it introduce some low end torque back. If you try to make the exhaust to be less drone you can put a bigger resonator/muffler, but, to my taste, this exhaust sounds about right.

This mod is fairly easy, just buy the resonator and let the muffler shop weld it for you. It takes me 300 for the better weld job, but I'm sure many place can do it around 150 to 250. (if you have the tool then its even cheaper).

Honda Civic 10th gen My review of Invidia R400 exhaust. resonator

Honda Civic 10th gen My review of Invidia R400 exhaust. weldin

REC13

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1999 Integra gsr, 2014 Mustang GT
Country flag
Nice write up. I have the r400 also and I don’t think it’s that loud. There is some freeway drone, but it’s not bad. It is what I put an exhaust on for after all.

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice write up. I have the r400 also and I don’t think it’s that loud. There is some freeway drone, but it’s not bad. It is what I put an exhaust on for after all.
I have it also I thought it was loud at first. It's loud around 3000 to 3800 RPMs, let's not sugar coat it. But it's not as bad as it was when I first bought it. You put about a thousand miles on it and it calms down

Robob1012

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type R
Country flag
HKS Legamax Premium is the best catback out there. Almost no drone and loads of variation on the sounds you get and a lot cheaper than any of these titanium ones. Couldnt be happier with mine! But your does look awesome I must say!

Slap KFD

Slapboogz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Best of luck
Are you Catless? I'm on stock DP and I don't think the drones that bad. Maybe I just got used to it LOL

TiltCtrls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
There is some modification on the R400. I add this extra resonator and it sounds with much less drone now. I'll call the drone level to be more on the loud side not bad noise. It didn't really change the tone but does make it much better cursing on highway. Even better, it introduce some low end torque back. If you try to make the exhaust to be less drone you can put a bigger resonator/muffler, but, to my taste, this exhaust sounds about right.

This mod is fairly easy, just buy the resonator and let the muffler shop weld it for you. It takes me 300 for the better weld job, but I'm sure many place can do it around 150 to 250. (if you have the tool then its even cheaper).

resonator.jpg

welding.jpg
What resonator did you add, I’ve been having some loud drone on the highway after I installed my catted downpipe. Does it make a big difference or is it not worth it.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
What resonator did you add, I’ve been having some loud drone on the highway after I installed my catted downpipe. Does it make a big difference or is it not worth it.
I did a Vibrant 1794 and it's reducing the in cabin noise by- 1/3 upon decelerating. If you used 2 of them it will have the same result of using Vibrant 1142 quiet resonator that eliminate more than half of the in cabin noise. Both reduce the peak noise so the exhaust wouldn't be as loud as before but still maintain the low tone growling sound.

I would say if you like the tone of the sound but just try to eliminate the decelerating noise, weld 2 Vibrant 1794 (bottle style) in series.

clagua2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best of luck
How long did it take the Invidia to quiet down?
Sponsored