My review after 6 months of ownership

yanks101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Country flag
Thought I would post my review after 6 months of owning a 2019 Black Si Sedan. I never owned an Si before but have been a Honda/Acura prior. I was torn between the Si, GTI, and GLI at the time.

Pros:
- Handling is awesome. I’ve test driven others in its class and I feel the Si beats it out. I make relatively easy turns and my GF sometimes thinks I’m crazy lol.
- GREAT gas mileage. I am driving probably way more city and still pushing 32mg which is probably still too low.
- Future reliability. I am obviously not far into owning it where issues would arise (knock on wood) but I would fully expect to have no serious issues at least in short term. I just couldn’t stomach the potential GTI issues. Miss a Honda oil change by 1K? No problem. Miss a VW oil change by 1K? Not good.
- The Car is quick enough. Is it fast? No, but it’s enough for daily driving. I think this car moves as quick as any of its competitors in 2nd gear.
- Interior: Seats extremely comfortable, shifter is amazing, and the sound/apple
- Price: When shopping this, this was the cheaper of all and came out a good 3-5K less than say a GTI.

Cons
- I wish the exhaust was a bit louder.
- A standard Dual exhaust would have been better IMO than the USB port but obviously wasn’t a deal breaker for me as I bought the car anyways lol

Not a too in depth review but thought I would give my overview after being a first time Si owner. I know a lot of people shop this vs say a GTI. I did the same and still happy with my decision.
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I just passed 80,000 miles on my '17 Si sedan. Only routine maintenance needed. Oil changes by the mileage minder (about every 9,000 miles).

OP
OP

yanks101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Country flag
I just passed 80,000 miles on my '17 Si sedan. Only routine maintenance needed. Oil changes by the mileage minder (about every 9,000 miles).
I actually just read the manual for the first time and was amazed that it said oil changes every 15K. I think I read it right...lol

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thought I would post my review after 6 months of owning a 2019 Black Si Sedan. I never owned an Si before but have been a Honda/Acura prior. I was torn between the Si, GTI, and GLI at the time.

Pros:
- Handling is awesome. I’ve test driven others in its class and I feel the Si beats it out. I make relatively easy turns and my GF sometimes thinks I’m crazy lol.
- GREAT gas mileage. I am driving probably way more city and still pushing 32mg which is probably still too low.
- Future reliability. I am obviously not far into owning it where issues would arise (knock on wood) but I would fully expect to have no serious issues at least in short term. I just couldn’t stomach the potential GTI issues. Miss a Honda oil change by 1K? No problem. Miss a VW oil change by 1K? Not good.
- The Car is quick enough. Is it fast? No, but it’s enough for daily driving. I think this car moves as quick as any of its competitors in 2nd gear.
- Interior: Seats extremely comfortable, shifter is amazing, and the sound/apple
- Price: When shopping this, this was the cheaper of all and came out a good 3-5K less than say a GTI.

Cons
- I wish the exhaust was a bit louder.
- A standard Dual exhaust would have been better IMO than the USB port but obviously wasn’t a deal breaker for me as I bought the car anyways lol

Not a too in depth review but thought I would give my overview after being a first time Si owner. I know a lot of people shop this vs say a GTI. I did the same and still happy with my decision.
If you want just a bit more noise, the muffler delete wasn't obnoxious, personally it wasn't loud enough for me. But everyone has different tastes. I have a before and after in my post history of you think that's a direction you'd want to go. Hell, I have a muffler deleted stock exhaust I'd mail you for cost of shipping lol, it's only cut in one spot however
Sponsored