My Red FK7 Sport

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just wanted to start a journal for my car which I ordered, I will keep this thread updated as things progress.

12-23-2016 Negotiated with my dealer for a Red Manual FK7 Sport to be ordered, negotiated price, and put a deposit on the car.

1-12-2017 Was told car was assigned a VIN

1-17-2017 Dealer was able to trade with another dealer to get me the car and took delivery today
Honda Civic 10th gen My Red FK7 Sport img_1245-

1-19-2017 Installed Husky Floor Mats

Honda Civic 10th gen My Red FK7 Sport img_1248-

Honda Civic 10th gen My Red FK7 Sport img_1250-

1-20-17 Installed new shift knob
Honda Civic 10th gen My Red FK7 Sport img_1254-

Honda Civic 10th gen My Red FK7 Sport img_1255-

1-27-2017 Ceramic Coated
Honda Civic 10th gen My Red FK7 Sport img_1270-

Honda Civic 10th gen My Red FK7 Sport img_1271-

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I assume FK7 is the hatch seeing as I dont think sport is a trim available for any other body style. have you driven one of these yet? I just got my sedan about 10 days ago, didnt plan on it but saw it there when I got the wife her CRV and drove it and bought it, I dont think it has the same feel as the NA k20z SI did (it isnt an SI anyways but is top spec for now) even though its a quicker car but it definitely feels quick if you are used to older D/B series hondas. do you have many plans to mod? I hope more manufacturers start coming out with parts for these things.

OP
OP
FK7Hatch

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I assume FK7 is the hatch seeing as I dont think sport is a trim available for any other body style. have you driven one of these yet? I just got my sedan about 10 days ago, didnt plan on it but saw it there when I got the wife her CRV and drove it and bought it, I dont think it has the same feel as the NA k20z SI did (it isnt an SI anyways but is top spec for now) even though its a quicker car but it definitely feels quick if you are used to older D/B series hondas. do you have many plans to mod? I hope more manufacturers start coming out with parts for these things.
Yeah the FK is the Hatch, the FC is the coupe and sedan. I drove the CVT model, and liked it more than my dad's 9th gen LX I currently drive. The 9th Gen just has no guts compared to the 10th gen. I also like that it has more pull than my old EP3 did. This car was pretty my my parent's gift to me for graduating and getting a job (they put down the deposit and are helping with the down payment). I've kinda grown up from serious car modding, since I bought the car to be reliable and practical but fun. But the plan is to Flash pro it, eventually HID retrofit it, install a head unit with Carplay/Android Auto, and get some 16" rims for winter tires for now. If Ohlins,Koni,KW or Bilstein make suspension parts for the car then I might upgrade that in the future. The same goes for stainless steel brake and clutch lines.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Never was really a fan of the ep3. Loved the em1 and fa/fg SI. Probably because of the fact it got the weak k20 like the base rsx got, which Honda fixed with the fa/fg. The guy on here that posted a build of a white sedan in China got some BC racing coilovers I think. Maybe they are available wherever you are at...

OP
OP
FK7Hatch

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Never was really a fan of the ep3. Loved the em1 and fa/fg SI. Probably because of the fact it got the weak k20 like the base rsx got, which Honda fixed with the fa/fg. The guy on here that posted a build of a white sedan in China got some BC racing coilovers I think. Maybe they are available wherever you are at...
The Ep3 had a great interior and chassis to work with, plus the shifter location was amazing, the k20a3 sucked, but being a K series you could swap whatever you wanted in there.

I'm not a big fan of the BC/Megan/Tein coilovers that most people just use to get really low, low doesn't mean better, theres an extent to how low you can go before you fuck up your suspension geometry. I'm holding out in hopes that the Type-R suspension bolts up, or the high end suspension companies make something.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Ep3 had a great interior and chassis to work with, plus the shifter location was amazing, the k20a3 sucked, but being a K series you could swap whatever you wanted in there.

I'm not a big fan of the BC/Megan/Tein coilovers that most people just use to get really low, low doesn't mean better, theres an extent to how low you can go before you fuck up your suspension geometry. I'm holding out in hopes that the Type-R suspension bolts up, or the high end suspension companies make something.
CTR is going to have adaptive suspension though, correct? Thought I heard that somewhere but I haven't kept up on rumors since I know I can't afford one. If so you going you swap in wiring/brain or ditch the idea?

OP
OP
FK7Hatch

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
CTR is going to have adaptive suspension though, correct? Thought I heard that somewhere but I haven't kept up on rumors since I know I can't afford one. If so you going you swap in wiring/brain or ditch the idea?
I'm pretty sure they don't bolt straight up anyways, I remember reading somewhere that they have a special front strut design to deal with the torque steer. I'm also pretty sure the Type-R is getting bigger ball joints and aluminum A Arms. Honestly I'm hoping Koni makes a strut spring combo.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm waiting to see if tein puts out some h tech, if not just thinking of pro kit springs. Struts I have no idea but won't be too elaborate since I'm only going to drop an inch. Had bilstien hd on the front of my cd7 with a pretty significant drop and it felt really good and seemed to hold up, at least until I sold the car then who knows. But rockauto doesn't even have a "suspension" section yet for the 16/17 civic to see what replacements are available.

OP
OP
FK7Hatch

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm waiting to see if tein puts out some h tech, if not just thinking of pro kit springs. Struts I have no idea but won't be too elaborate since I'm only going to drop an inch. Had bilstien hd on the front of my cd7 with a pretty significant drop and it felt really good and seemed to hold up, at least until I sold the car then who knows. But rockauto doesn't even have a "suspension" section yet for the 16/17 civic to see what replacements are available.
Yeah I hope at least Bilstein,Ohlins, or Koni make something for this car, and yeah I only plan on dropping it an inch to an inch and a half at most, any more and it will actually be detrimental to handling. Also that's why I don't care for most coilovers as once you set your ride height you don't really touch it again, and that the majority of the cheap ones offered the adjustments don't do anything, or you cant control the compression and rebound separately.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some of these hatch pictures have me second-guessing my choice of sedan

OP
OP
FK7Hatch

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed some Husky floor mats

Honda Civic 10th gen My Red FK7 Sport IMG_1248.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen My Red FK7 Sport IMG_1250.JPG

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed some Husky floor mats

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG
Have you ever had WeatherTech digital fit floor mats before or whatever their top of the line is called? Do you think these are just as good? I was eyeballing other brands because most of the others are about 40 bucks cheaper than WeatherTech but they did fit my 13 Accord absolutely perfectly. I just re-checked and tried to zoom and look, sores that rear mat fit all the way outboard against the carpet at the door sill area and all the way back against the carpet below the rear seat? I think it's just an illusion but it appears short in the pic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FK7Hatch

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you ever had WeatherTech digital fit floor mats before or whatever their top of the line is called? Do you think these are just as good? I was eyeballing other brands because most of the others are about 40 bucks cheaper than WeatherTech but they did fit my 13 Accord absolutely perfectly. I just re-checked and tried to zoom and look, sores that rear mat fit all the way outboard against the carpet at the door sill area and all the way back against the carpet below the rear seat? I think it's just an illusion but it appears short in the pic.
My buddy has those in his Jeep, they're decent but have some wiggle room. For the price, I feel the husky liners are just as good if not better. These Liners go all the way to the walls in the back seat And goes up about an inch or two. You should be able to see that on the passenger side in the picture above. They do cover up most of the foot well back there and fits perfectly. I got these cause how much cheaper they were
Sponsored