My reaction to the 2022 Civic Type R...

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
I like the rear design of the 11th gen. The 10th gen rear is ugly to me.
Sponsored

SGP_TypeR

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Iā€™m more excited about certain driver improvements more so than the aesthetics. Namely: custom drive modes, updated infotainment, blind spot monitoring, and 19in wheels from the factory.

I am disappointed in the lack on center console space compared to the fk8. Probably no heated seats and another alcantara steering wheel.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Obviously.....but they put deliberate effort in designing the car to make these modifications less noticeable. As mentioned, the Golf R to regular Golf is a perfect comparison. I've owned a MK7 GTI and styling was not one of the things that excited me about that car for that very reason.

At least now all the youtubers that were never going to buy either the 10th or 11th gen CTR can yap how pleased they are with the toned down styling :rolleyes: sure, lets keep making everything look like a boring ass tesla appliance on wheels so we don't offend the squares who aren't buying these cars in the first place......
THIS

THIS

THIS

The barrage of reviews of 'wouldn't ever buy in the first place' / never gave it a chance even when they saw it in person and realized it looks better than in pictures is just staggering.

And none of them will be buying the forthcoming Type R even if it looks more like an Accord. I'm actually curious what they will bitch about now and still not buy when they get their hands on the 2022.

LOL

I just picked up my car in the garage and it just looks MEAN. Edgy, angry, badass, and purposeful. Such a wonderful design and has some fucking flavor.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
Hopefully most of the potential buyers feel that way about the new CTR. Will allow me to move over to the new model with no ADM :), and will help maintain value for my trade-in.

To my eyes, the new model has a much more cohesive design. I like the overall shape of my 2021 in side profile, but the back of the car, including the rear fenders are resolved so poorly.
I agree with you across the board. If the opportunity presents itself, I will definitely look to trade up.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
I like the individual settings for each mode. This probably means it will retain the last setting after vehicle shut off.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR(sold) DE5 Acura Integra
Country flag
Iā€™m waiting to see actual pictures of the car without the wrap, but from what Iā€™ve seen so far, Iā€™m keeping my 21.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
The letter 'R' in this aspect stands for one thing... RACING! I said this before and I'll say it again.. if you want a pansy ass looking sleeper, that's your choice... but I like my Type R to look like it means business... aggressive. Hard aero lines, beautiful flares topped with aesthetic carbon fiber and a much better looking wing. This Subaru... uhh (and i can barely say it) Type R... def. looks like something Carwow would jack himself off in over the walkie-talkie! :)

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Last edited:

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Obviously.....but they put deliberate effort in designing the car to make these modifications less noticeable. As mentioned, the Golf R to regular Golf is a perfect comparison. I've owned a MK7 GTI and styling was not one of the things that excited me about that car for that very reason.

At least now all the youtubers that were never going to buy either the 10th or 11th gen CTR can yap how pleased they are with the toned down styling :rolleyes: sure, lets keep making everything look like a boring ass tesla appliance on wheels so we don't offend the squares who aren't buying these cars in the first place......
The 2022 R has lost it's character ... it is very boring... nothing to turn heads that's for sure.
The FK8 has an effect on most people who see it like this:
Honda Civic 10th gen My reaction to the 2022 Civic Type R... Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 10.11.54 AM

... an indomitable shadow that casts itself down over everything else in its presence. Heads would turn in a moment of silence because most everyone knew this car was far from ordinary... ;)

Crowd say... "LORD CTR..."

Lord CTR reply..." you seem uncertain..." ;)

The FK8 CTR is Godzilla... He doesnā€™t show up often, but when he does, he steals the show! ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen My reaction to the 2022 Civic Type R... civicgtypeR copy

Last edited:

Deleted member 44294

The new design illuminates all of the cool edginess that defined the 10th generation . The 22 and up looks like grandmaā€˜s Toyota Camry -it got longer and much more plain looking not interested Iā€™m going to keep my 20 .

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
The only thing that appeals to me with this newer gen is the infotainment system and upgraded interior. That's probably about it.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love it ? when the official red camo pics came out with 19ā€ wheels and wider tires. Sold mine last year but didnā€™t miss it. Will definitely buy the new one if Ethereum 2X or 3X in a year. If not, Iā€™ll look for a used one around mid-cycle refresh.

Enjoy your FK8. Itā€™s the most competent car in stock form of all the cars Iā€™ve owned.

sergeypage1

First Name
sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
city
Country flag
The new design illuminates all of the cool edginess that defined the 10th generation . The 22 and up looks like grandmaā€˜s Toyota Camry -it got longer and much more plain looking not interested Iā€™m going to keep my 20 .
I agree with you. It's really cool and stylish like my wearing stuff lil peep rare merch.
Sponsored