Country flag
What is going on? seriously what is so funny about this

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
What is going on? seriously what is so funny about this
I think it's just some minor ribbing and back and forth between two styles of the same platform. At least that's how I took it lol.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
My reaction: why did Honda slap a wing on a camo Civic hatchback? Yawn.....

Bye bye over the top fender flares, bye bye visible hood scoop.....hello Accord Type R.
You do know that both the front and rear fenders are wider than the normal hatch, right? Just because they integrated the flare into the whole fender instead of an add on piece doesn't mean it's not there.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
You do know that both the front and rear fenders are wider than the normal hatch, right? Just because they integrated the flare into the whole fender instead of an add on piece doesn't mean it's not there.
I agree. The new civic is euro styled to get a broader audience that like to blend in and go unnoticed(appeasing all the youtubers and car rags).
Like a golf r. You have to really look and when you see it, ?

itsovr9k

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 S2000, 2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hopefully most of the potential buyers feel that way about the new CTR. Will allow me to move over to the new model with no ADM :), and will help maintain value for my trade-in.

To my eyes, the new model has a much more cohesive design. I like the overall shape of my 2021 in side profile, but the back of the car, including the rear fenders are resolved so poorly.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Heavily advise anyone thinking about the 2022 / 23 to sit in a newer model, even base Civic - I didn't care for the screen placement and size way up on the dash - it impacts visibility imo. The rest of the cabin felt a bit bigger but didn't blow me away so I went with the 21.

No - zero - regrets.

Hope the new Type R is banging and people enjoy it - just not my cup of tea.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Hopefully most of the potential buyers feel that way about the new CTR. Will allow me to move over to the new model with no ADM :), and will help maintain value for my trade-in.

To my eyes, the new model has a much more cohesive design. I like the overall shape of my 2021 in side profile, but the back of the car, including the rear fenders are resolved so poorly.
i hear what your saying. But adm is going to(if it aint already) be all across the board with not just the chip shortage, but now a global shortage in magnesium which is used to make aluminum alloy. This is gonna make new cars even worse in the adm realm.

but lets hope for the best.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Obviously.....but they put deliberate effort in designing the car to make these modifications less noticeable. As mentioned, the Golf R to regular Golf is a perfect comparison. I've owned a MK7 GTI and styling was not one of the things that excited me about that car for that very reason.

At least now all the youtubers that were never going to buy either the 10th or 11th gen CTR can yap how pleased they are with the toned down styling :rolleyes: sure, lets keep making everything look like a boring ass tesla appliance on wheels so we don't offend the squares who aren't buying these cars in the first place......
Sponsored