17Civic SI sedan
How do you like the tires?

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Looks good! Are you planning to get rid of the chrome above the doors?

OP
OP

CharlieB

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Looks good! Are you planning to get rid of the chrome above the doors?
Short answer "yes". Haven't decided yet but leaning towards powder coat. I'm not real comfortable with the "plastidip" option. Any suggestions? I'm new to this blacking out thing.

Honda2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Short answer "yes". Haven't decided yet but leaning towards powder coat. I'm not real comfortable with the "plastidip" option. Any suggestions? I'm new to this blacking out thing.
You could always just vinyl wrap it, that way if you ever change your mind you can just peel it off.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Sorry I've never done that either... But man, given your wheel choice and the rest of it, it's going to look awesome.

OP
OP

CharlieB

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Sorry I've never done that either... But man, given your wheel choice and the rest of it, it's going to look awesome.
Thanks, I'm taking my time and trying to make the right decisions for a coordinated color scheme. Don't want to hang any crap that detracts from the original beauty of the car.

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Looks really nice. Glad someone asked how you like the tires, since I'm getting ready to get an Si (Aegean Blue coupe) and those are the tires I was considering. I was also wondering about how the sunroof deflector looks as I was going to get that too. So that's two things settled. :thumbsup: Now I just need to get my 2016 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe ready for the trade-in appraisal and pull the trigger.

OP
OP

CharlieB

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Looks really nice. Glad someone asked how you like the tires, since I'm getting ready to get an Si (Aegean Blue coupe) and those are the tires I was considering. I was also wondering about how the sunroof deflector looks as I was going to get that too. So that's two things settled. :thumbsup: Now I just need to get my 2016 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe ready for the trade-in appraisal and pull the trigger.
Glad I could help on your decisions for tires and sunroof vent. As you probably read I've still not decided on the chrome "black-out". Going to do more research for local paint or powder coat. When I do it it will be the most durable and lasting. No hurry.

OP
OP

CharlieB

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Just curious...are you not satisfied with your 2016 V-6 Coupe? I was just wondering if it could be a good platform for a performance build. I'm new to Honda's, coming from "HEMIS" AND trying to get an education on the best engine that can be built with the most options. Is it the V-6 or the new 1.5 Turbo?

OP
OP

CharlieB

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
I have them on my other civic. They are like glue wet or dry but I wouldn't expect to get more than 20k out of them...
Well, I'll let you know in a couple years.
For now, I'm happy with them!

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Well, I'll let you know in a couple years.
For now, I'm happy with them!
Must be nice lol. I bought that in December 23 2016 and already have over 17,000 miles (bought with ~23).

My Si is almost at 3k since July 3rd.
Sponsored