My radio/display is broken already? (No sound issue for civic touring)

Greg I

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
That explains the amp replacement fixing the issue! Thanks for the updates guys.
Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Random that it exhibits the problem? That seems confirmed. Has for a long time. Random which vehicles are effected? Sounds like that's not random at all. Effects 3,703 model year 2016 Civic vehicles produced prior to December 18, 2015 at HCM (Alliston) and December 16, 2015 at HMIN (Greensburg). That sounds somewhere in the neighborhood of 10% of production to date. Which seems about right for all Tourings.

Note that they've had this fixed in production for three weeks and have still been telling callers "what problem? see the dealer..."

HondA.cura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Random that it exhibits the problem? That seems confirmed. Has for a long time. Random which vehicles are effected? Sounds like that's not random at all. Effects 3,703 model year 2016 Civic vehicles produced prior to December 18, 2015 at HCM (Alliston) and December 16, 2015 at HMIN (Greensburg). That sounds somewhere in the neighborhood of 10% of production to date. Which seems about right for all Tourings.

Note that they've had this fixed in production for three weeks and have still been telling callers "what problem? see the dealer..."
Exactly right on the math estimate, as I guessed before, it's not random but rather latent and only random in occurrence and is in all early Tourings. Also my friends were right; "error in the power amplifier DSP (Digital Signal Processor) BOOT-UP SOFTWARE may cause FAIL INITIALIZATION at engine start, resulting in muted condition" backs up the idea.

It actually makes me suspect the tech may have known and perhaps Honda was instructing them to hold off for some reason. Either way I'm freakin happy now there's a fix

milleniumanv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 2016 touring silver
16-001 is the software update number you need to call and verify with your dealer that theyve received it. This will fix the DSP software issue with the amplifier which explains why the replaced amps didnt have the issue... #rejoice

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I fear there is still a lot more to answer. Mine was made in Indiana and I have not had a total mute problem. I have though had the negative colors, Bluetooth dropouts, Pandora audio completely disconnecting while it continues to play in the head unit, the audio power button not working, and maintenance minders that should not really exist. I don't think this update which is only being given to a certain number of cars will fix any of these issues.

pws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
I have the exact same problem. No sound from anything, radio, voice command, phone, even touch screen doesn't have any sound (feedback sound) either.
Called Honda Corporate today (1/8/2016), and got thru immediately.
I was told that this is a known issue and that there is an update that were just released last night (1/7/2016).
I was told to go to the dealership and have them run the Radio/Audio/Amp update and to give the dealership this Campaign Code: JW8 16-001 (space between 8 and 1).
Hope this will help.

pws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Just wondering if you been able to resolve this. Boyfriend has the same problem on 2016 touring civic. No sound at all.
I have the exact same problem. No sound from anything, radio, voice command, phone, even touch screen doesn't have any sound (feedback sound) either.
Called Honda Corporate today (1/8/2016), and got thru immediately.
I was told that this is a known issue and that there is an update that were just released last night (1/7/2016).
I was told to go to the dealership and have them run the Radio/Audio/Amp update and to give the dealership this Campaign Code: JW8 16-001 (space between 8 and 1).
Hope this will help.

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Hi
I have a civic touring and got it on Dec 3. I have the no music issue probably 3-4times and goes away as soon as I press the speak button. But it comes, so its an issue. I was wondering is this update is coming to Canada as well?? I called my dealer and they don't have any clue so far. Please let me know if you guys have any about update coming to Canada? Thanks

D-DoT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 touring
I got the update today and so far the radio has had sound 100% of the time. i guess the only upside to having no sound and researching the problem is that i found and joined this forum.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I got the update today and so far the radio has had sound 100% of the time. i guess the only upside to having no sound and researching the problem is that i found and joined this forum.
That is awesome...what did you have to do to get the update? Did you quote them a TSB?
Sponsored