My radio/display is broken already? (No sound issue for civic touring)

Deleted member 1351

I've been keeping Honda up to date on my no audio issues and got the following response:

We do actually have a team actively investigating this issue with the audio on 2016 Civics and a repair is forthcoming. We will let you know as soon as we have further information regarding specifics for the repair. ^MP
Sponsored

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
I've been keeping Honda up to date on my no audio issues and got the following response:

We do actually have a team actively investigating this issue with the audio on 2016 Civics and a repair is forthcoming. We will let you know as soon as we have further information regarding specifics for the repair. ^MP
I think it's time for Honda to hand out some Goodwill to affected owners. Maybe $100 Starbucks cards, gas cards, Amazon gift cards.....

ericgir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Thanks for keeping us updated!
How frequent was the "no sound" issue before the amp was replaced?
Do you use the remote engine start?

I would like more people to confirm if replacing the amp resolved the issue.
Hi,

I had sound 50% of the time. In fact, when I left the dealer, the first time, I had no sound but when I got back to dealer to ask the vendor what I did wrong with my configuration the sound had returned.

I do use the remote, android auto, Bluetooth and usb key for music but did extensive research hoping to find the faulty combination but to no avail : no remote, no phone connected, no usb key, carplay disabled, factory reset, switching language, changing skin...I gave up, lack of time, then they changed the amp. They told me that when they connected the computer to my car it returned no error, so the procedure was to change the amp to isolate the problem.

guerjam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Hi All,

I have the same issue with no sound as you all have. After hours and hours of trying to figure out a pattern, I've come to the conclusion that it's completely random. I brought the car to Honda and they told me the same about a fix being eminent. I hope it's released more sooner than later, I like having sound in my car. :)

If I figure anything out I'll update the forum but for now, good luck to you all.

Ps. I'm curious as to whether or not anyone re-experienced the problem after getting the amp replaced. If you've had the amp replaced can you please comment? Thanks!

brucebrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4

Heard that a month ago when I bought mine. Mine works about 1 in 5 times.

brucebrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

I had sound 50% of the time. In fact, when I left the dealer, the first time, I had no sound but when I got back to dealer to ask the vendor what I did wrong with my configuration the sound had returned.

I do use the remote, android auto, Bluetooth and usb key for music but did extensive research hoping to find the faulty combination but to no avail : no remote, no phone connected, no usb key, carplay disabled, factory reset, switching language, changing skin...I gave up, lack of time, then they changed the amp. They told me that when they connected the computer to my car it returned no error, so the procedure was to change the amp to isolate the problem.
So yours has worked 100% since amp replacement?

brucebrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just talked with Honda infotainment support. They said the dealer has to help me. I talked to Honda USA where i have had a case open for a month, they said they were sorry but there is no fix yet and they are working hard on it and to work with the dealer for updates. THe dealer said that Honda does not have a fix but is working around the clock on it and should have one soon. They said Honda has notes in whatever system they use that tells them NOT to replace the amplifier, head unit, etc as it is a software issue not a hardware issue. In the meantime, no resolution in sight.

Greg I

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
So we can somewhat conclude fixing the amp is a direct (or indirect) fix, but the dealers/factory don't want to do that. I'm sure it resolves the issue but isn't cost effective for them. Just my angry thoughts...

It's sad but true that in 2016 driving in silence is mind-numbing. We paid for a car with sound.

dangng009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am having the same concern. My Touring has had the issue since 100 miles. I have contacted Honda America and they stated the dealership needs to verify the fault. Today I drove to the dealership and the service adviser verified the vehicle condition of having no sound. They told me I had to bring the vehicle back for diagnostic. They noted that a certified technician had to verify the fault. The frustrating part for the no audio sound fault is that it is intermittent and difficult to replicate. I am not happy with whats going on for a brand new car with 1200 miles. I really want something to get done. I will contact Honda America they need do something about this no sound concern. It is ridiculously for car with a 1200 mile to have audio system faults already.

Last edited:

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I have contacted Honda America and they stated the dealership needs to verify the fault.
That always made me crazy when we had the '12 Ford Focus with My Ford Touch. They could have had 50,000 calls on a given issue and they'd still act as though they'd never heard of such a thing, and until you could show a dealer the intermittent behavior--that the dealer had no way to fix anyway until Ford developed a software fix--it was no harm, no foul.

As painful as it is to beat on Honda about these issues, they will not improve quality of the new model infotainment systems they roll off the line until they feel a LOT of pain.

Jon.RC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Rejoice my fellow audio deprived drivers! I just got off the phone with my dealership service center and there was an update that pertains to the amp software and lack of audio. Unfortunately for me the dealership has yet to receive the update, but it would be worth it for everyone to see where theirs is at.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Mine this morning (I was there for one of my mounting number of issues) in Dayton, Ohio, had no updates on any of the problems commonly reported in this forum.

Marcellus84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Rejoice my fellow audio deprived drivers! I just got off the phone with my dealership service center and there was an update that pertains to the amp software and lack of audio. Unfortunately for me the dealership has yet to receive the update, but it would be worth it for everyone to see where theirs is at.
That's great news! Did the dealership indicate how soon they will receive it?...
Sponsored