My radio/display is broken already? (No sound issue for civic touring)

heath3990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Side note: Who knows how to get the background/clock/screensaver to come on? Like the one in my pic? I've set the background in settings but I can't for the life of me figure out how to bring it up. The system just stays on the Home screen. Help?
Sponsored

Attachments

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
It may just be an issue with your specific systems. I have had no trouble with mine so far. And I did all the things being said here to cause the issue. I will post an update if anything changes.
Which trim do you have?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Side note: Who knows how to get the background/clock/screensaver to come on? Like the one in my pic? I've set the background in settings but I can't for the life of me figure out how to bring it up. The system just stays on the Home screen. Help?
Haven't figured that one out either.
Powering down the system just turns the screen off and past that it's either on the home screen or showing a source.
Haven't seen where the clock screen would show.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Can you look up your kernel information when you have a chance?

From the home screen swipe down from the top of the screen to get a drop down menu.
Then hit the settings icon. It's lines with little squares on it.

Scroll down to the bottom to the about section.
There should be kernel and version information there along with dates.

heath3990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Can you look up your kernel information when you have a chance?

From the home screen swipe down from the top of the screen to get a drop down menu.
Then hit the settings icon. It's lines with little squares on it.

Scroll down to the bottom to the about section.
There should be kernel and version information there along with dates.
Android Version: 4.2.2
Kernel Version: 3.1.10+

heath3990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Haven't figured that one out either.
Powering down the system just turns the screen off and past that it's either on the home screen or showing a source.
Haven't seen where the clock screen would show.
Figured it out!
You need to do a couple things though to get it right.
STEP ONE: go to Settings
STEP TWO: go to Info
STEP THREE: go down to Info Screen Pref.
STEP FOUR: select Off
STEP FIVE: go back to the Home screen
STEP SIX: go to Info
STEP SEVEN: press the Menu button on the side of system
STEP EIGHT: choose Clock/Wallpaper

Once you've set it up once every time you hit the Info button on the Homescreen you will get the clock screensaver. Just press the Menu button to the side to see other Info options. Hope this helps some folks. You can also change the background and display style of the clock. Message me if you need help with that.

theevanshow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius, 2016 Civic Touring
"Bugs":
There are really not any bugs in the system from what I've noticed. There was one day where I was trying to play music but no sound was coming out whether it was iPhone, FM, SiriusXM, etc.. I quickly realized that it was just stuck in Navi Voice Prompt (Separate Audio Channel For Siri, Map Prompts). Turning off the car wouldn't fix it. I just had to disconnect my phone, go to SiriusXM(FM station works too) and turn the volume up from the actual display. It fixed it there and I haven't had any issues.

from http://www.civicx.com/threads/in-de...cked-up-my-cosmic-blue-touring-last-week.884/

Haven't tried this yet, busy with work. Anyone?

heath3990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
So far the only issue I've had has been with Car Play. It can be glitchy. I've noticed if you plug your phone in don't mess with your phone. Only use the cars screen. Otherwise it seems to screw up the Car Play audio. However, all other audio sources work great still. And once car is restarted Car Play goes back to normal. This is not uncommon for a new system. I'm sure Apple will release a fix soon for these bugs.
SIDE NOTE: The standard audio system/speakers in my EX-L are awesome! For me anyway. No need to spend more money for better system in my opinion. :)

Attachments

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I'm sure Apple will release a fix soon for these bugs.
Call me cynical, but it seems far more likely Apple will either blame Honda (who will blame Apple) or remain completely oblivious.
Sponsored