My OCD Can’t Unsee This Now!

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
My Sirius shark fin antenna is crooked. ?

Anyone else’s not mounted straight?

Honda Civic 10th gen My OCD Can’t Unsee This Now! 63346750-0795-4690-8F1E-2F1EABFCAC51
Sponsored

OP
OP
jlamb30

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can remove it and set it straight!
I assume I’d have to pull the headliner, and I’m not sure which is worse... leaving it as is or the hassle of pulling the headliner to straighten it. Lol

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I assume I’d have to pull the headliner, and I’m not sure which is worse... leaving it as is or the hassle of pulling the headliner to straighten it. Lol
Yeah you have to do a little bit of work to get to it... But if it bothers you enough it's necessary lol

OP
OP
jlamb30

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if you tap it very gently with a rubber mallet it will probably move
I don’t doubt that statement is true, however, I would be concerned with the fin scratching the paint as it moves.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t doubt that statement is true, however, I would be concerned with the fin scratching the paint as it moves.
if it's anything like the fin used on the hatchback, there are black strips of some material on the bottom. I don't think it's bare plastic.

PontiacFan

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport, 2020 Accord EX-L, 1971 LeMans
Country flag
JLamb, I spent about 4 months in (near) Lake Park in late 2015 to early 2016 working on the revamp of the old Coggins Farms carrot facility. Lake Park was a very nice place! Some of the very best southern cooking I've ever had! Here in California we have Chick-Fil-A, but I wish we had Zaxby's. You guys can keep the boiled peanuts, lol. One thing that has stuck with me was the first time I saw someone walk in to WalMart in Valdosta with a pistol strapped to their belt. It was only after that I discovered GA is an open carry state. Makes me hate California a little more, but this is home.

Funny note, I still have a picture on my phone of the sign at Lake Dogs that says, "Hurricane evacuation plan: 1. Grab Beer, 2. Run like hell". I think it was "Lake Dogs", on the south west corner of the big t-intersection on the main road(s).

Sorry for hijacking the thread, good luck with your shark fin.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
JLamb, I spent about 4 months in (near) Lake Park in late 2015 to early 2016 working on the revamp of the old Coggins Farms carrot facility. Lake Park was a very nice place! Some of the very best southern cooking I've ever had! Here in California we have Chick-Fil-A, but I wish we had Zaxby's. You guys can keep the boiled peanuts, lol. One thing that has stuck with me was the first time I saw someone walk in to WalMart in Valdosta with a pistol strapped to their belt. It was only after that I discovered GA is an open carry state. Makes me hate California a little more, but this is home.

Funny note, I still have a picture on my phone of the sign at Lake Dogs that says, "Hurricane evacuation plan: 1. Grab Beer, 2. Run like hell". I think it was "Lake Dogs", on the south west corner of the big t-intersection on the main road(s).

Dang Bro cool story...?you REALLY felt like posting it in the first thread available lol.

OP
OP
jlamb30

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
T

Thats not normal. I would have the dealer inspect if under warranty still.
There’s nothing wrong with it, was just mounted a little crooked. I didn’t want to have to pull the headliner to straighten it from the inside. Luckily, it can be adjusted from the top. It’s tight, but can be moved with a little effort.

OP
OP
jlamb30

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Its a nice little town. Didn’t think I’d like it after living in Valdosta all my life. But, it’s quiet and has decent dining options. Lake Dogs is the shit! Great little place!
Sponsored