Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI / 2018 Honda Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey civicX folks!

I have been a lurker for a long time now and finally took the plunge and traded in my Harley and my 2016 Sedan EXT in for a 2018 SI coupe.

This will be my fourth civic i have had and by far my most favorite. I absolutely love this little driving machine. I picked it up last week from the dealer.

It has been a busy first week and wanted to toss out some pics and mods i have done (most of which inspired by this site and its members!).

Day 2:

Swapped out air filter for a K&N filter
Changed out all interior lights for white LEDs

Day 3:

Removed dealer stickers on back
Removed Civic chrome lettering.

Day 4:

Painted calipers red
Deleted chrome trim around windows
Tinted windows

Day 5:

Swapped out orange side markers for clear ones with amber lights

Thanks for all the inspiration! Ill be swapping the emblems out with red Type R emblems soon. Also considering changing wheel caps to the red Type R caps as well. (still on the fence about this one). Once i get the wife eased into my new obsession I will start some performance changes. Not sure if a Hondata change is worth the effort. (really want to see that there are no long term impacts on components before taking that plunge.)

Sorry for the picture quality, I havent had to take low res pictures in like a decade! Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm, and if you have any feedback or advice, please feel free to share!

Honda Civic 10th gen My new toy! profile

Honda Civic 10th gen My new toy! rear

Honda Civic 10th gen My new toy! side2

Honda Civic 10th gen My new toy! side3

ToastedSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
awesome car for sure! Just remember that 2 front red emblems will fit the front and the back for the coupe!

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Hey civicX folks!

I have been a lurker for a long time now and finally took the plunge and traded in my Harley and my 2016 Sedan EXT in for a 2018 SI coupe.

This will be my fourth civic i have had and by far my most favorite. I absolutely love this little driving machine. I picked it up last week from the dealer.

It has been a busy first week and wanted to toss out some pics and mods i have done (most of which inspired by this site and its members!).

Day 2:

Swapped out air filter for a K&N filter
Changed out all interior lights for white LEDs

Day 3:

Removed dealer stickers on back
Removed Civic chrome lettering.

Day 4:

Painted calipers red
Deleted chrome trim around windows
Tinted windows

Day 5:

Swapped out orange side markers for clear ones with amber lights

Thanks for all the inspiration! Ill be swapping the emblems out with red Type R emblems soon. Also considering changing wheel caps to the red Type R caps as well. (still on the fence about this one). Once i get the wife eased into my new obsession I will start some performance changes. Not sure if a Hondata change is worth the effort. (really want to see that there are no long term impacts on components before taking that plunge.)

Sorry for the picture quality, I havent had to take low res pictures in like a decade! Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm, and if you have any feedback or advice, please feel free to share!

profile.jpg

rear.gif

side2.gif

side3.gif
Congrats! I also have the Aegean blue Si coupe and I'm really enjoying it. Just take it easy for the first 600 - 1000 miles (forget what the book says) and you should be good to go.

OP
OP
Fathomless

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! I also have the Aegean blue Si coupe and I'm really enjoying it. Just take it easy for the first 600 - 1000 miles (forget what the book says) and you should be good to go.
Yea it has been a very difficult ordeal waiting for break in period....

Fortunately i have about a 100 mile round trip commute each day, so almost got the miles down so i can start to have a little more fun!

OP
OP
Fathomless

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
awesome car for sure! Just remember that 2 front red emblems will fit the front and the back for the coupe!
10-4! I have the part numbers that other people have used on this site, so think i am good. Just shopping for best deal. This is the 4th honda purchased from my dealer, so they say they will do any parts/accessories for cost + 10% for whatever i want. (already got heavy duty trunk liner, the splash guards and some items for my wife's pilot lol)

Must resist urge to order HFP rims and body kit....

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the blue looks great on the coupe...have yet to see one in person! Congrats on the new ride!

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Nice! Someone sounds like they had the new car bug! You on flat rate?!

Hope you didn't get it at O'Neill's! Lol

KTuner is a must. I'm a Hondata fan boi and at $200 cheaper it just doesn't make since on this platform!

If I'm in the KC area you're always welcome to a ride, it'll change your mind!

OP
OP
Fathomless

Fathomless

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! Someone sounds like they had the new car bug! You on flat rate?!

Hope you didn't get it at O'Neill's! Lol

KTuner is a must. I'm a Hondata fan boi and at $200 cheaper it just doesn't make since on this platform!

If I'm in the KC area you're always welcome to a ride, it'll change your mind!
Yea had the bug and unfortunately due to hammering on a keyboard for about 30 years or so riding my Harley was starting to get painful. Got tired of a badass toy sitting in my garage all the time.

I picked it up from Tiffany Springs in the Northland. After dealing with them for several cars they have picked up on me being no nonsense and know I do enough research to cut through the BS. Got me a grat flat rate with pre-approved financing through Community America.

I would love to take a ride and see the difference. Most I have ever done is exhaust/CAI, never messed with tuning. Hard to gauge the impact from YouTube or graphs. Consensus seems to be the tune really opens it up.

I am having a blast with it so far, so may try to stretch it out a bit before doing any performance upgrades. I'll have this ride for four years (that's when my son turns 16 and he inherits this one) so I got some time lol.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Yea had the bug and unfortunately due to hammering on a keyboard for about 30 years or so riding my Harley was starting to get painful. Got tired of a badass toy sitting in my garage all the time.

I picked it up from Tiffany Springs in the Northland. After dealing with them for several cars they have picked up on me being no nonsense and know I do enough research to cut through the BS. Got me a grat flat rate with pre-approved financing through Community America.

I would love to take a ride and see the difference. Most I have ever done is exhaust/CAI, never messed with tuning. Hard to gauge the impact from YouTube or graphs. Consensus seems to be the tune really opens it up.

I am having a blast with it so far, so may try to stretch it out a bit before doing any performance upgrades. I'll have this ride for four years (that's when my son turns 16 and he inherits this one) so I got some time lol.
Holy cow! That's a bad car for a 16 year old! You adopting? LOL

I too gave up my bikes and came back to turbos. I'd still be riding if I could but got T-boned on my '11 CB1000R 6 years ago.
I got worse & current bike just sat so I got rid of it and thought I deserved the new Si!

My retired 68 year old father still rides a 1,000lbs Harley everyday even weather not permitting. Man is nuts!

Wife loved the new cars/engine/tech she picked up an '18 CRV EX AWD. Couldn't pass the deal up. At least they share an engine, only one platform to learn!
I almost got a KTuner for CRV as well with the eBay sale yesterday for $360!

That's how much I'd recommend it.
Their base maps are extremely safe and tuned for driveability. I've been datalogging all week and am blown away.
Even part throttle with A/C on is perfect.
Only thing I can even notice is a slight surge at idle with the A/C on. Very impressive, part throttle and loads use to be harder to tune around. My MPG actually went up because of the more "usable" power! Less rowing the gears.

I'm extremely impressed and I've had a long history with tuning EFI/Turbo builds.

I was hoping someone in KC would have setup a meeting already (5-6 of us I can think of.) I'm only 2 hours out and am often that way for medical.

Be nice to get out of the house!

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats!...and you chose the best color
Sponsored