Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else into this?
I used to skate a lot now I cant right now...discovered fingerboard a few months back.

Now i plan to build me a sweet miniature park in my garage and stuff...I love it its really fun.

I link also a cool quick video for you guys to watch at the same time if you don't know, just watch its pretty awesome and certainly worth the 4min of play time!

Please feel free to post anything and your setups and parks/obstacles youve made or bought....I made my quarter pipe myself and it works really well..

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20210908_232809

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20210908_233219

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2015
Country flag
Great hobby! A really extraordinary one. Never heard of it until read your post. My congrats :) I myself have a pretty unusual one :) I work at a municipal library in Dresden, Germany, and I help the principal librarian prepare the books for the database. I mean some people make them digital and I convert to fb2 via convert.io. Quick and easy :)

Last edited:

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've got a friend who really enjoys it, he got a custom board made and everything that matches his real board. He likes to just bring it into public and do tricks on random things, and it's a surprisingly good conversation starter lol. Tbh I've been thinking about trying it out as well as I like to fidget a lot and know a bunch of pen tricks/balisong tricks, figured it might transfer over some.

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great hobby! A really extraordinary one. Never heard of it untill read your post. My congrats :)
I've got a friend who really enjoys it, he got a custom board made and everything that matches his real board. He likes to just bring it into public and do tricks on random things, and it's a surprisingly good conversation starter lol. Tbh I've been thinking about trying it out as well as I like to fidget a lot and know a bunch of pen tricks/balisong tricks, figured it might transfer over some.
im glad you guys also think its cool...its really a fun thing to do.
Catching a new trick or landing a line after so many attempts is just as satisfying as real skateboarding sometimes, and there's a cool way to make it look good at the same time...it's all about improving and getting better, exactly like the real thing...

Since i posted the thread i build this playground table from scratch its based on the blackriver playground and its height adjustable...I just started working on the full widht wooden quarter-pipe for it and then ill do a full widht bank...in the end it'll be just as practical as the real BR playground which i include pictures of in case you'd want to see how it looks...but it's worth like 600$US once you include shipping so im doing mine:

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20210927_154601

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20210927_154607

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20210927_154613

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20210927_154618

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20210927_154625

This is the one i copied the parts...i decided on building an all flat surface first and then do the modules to fit on it:

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 1632772814632

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 1632772781180

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 1632772838210

And just in case someone in the future wants to build his own these are the CAD drawings i did...dimensions are in CM (centimeters) (canada...hehe)
Dimensions for the play table to go on top is 125cm x 46cm

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 1632773305253

Last edited:

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tbh I've been thinking about trying it out as well as I like to fidget a lot and know a bunch of pen tricks/balisong tricks, figured it might transfer over some.
if you want to try getting into it look at broken knuckles fingerboard they sell the p-rep completes for 19$ and other than the fact that the wheels are plastic its a great deck and trucks...I upgraded only the wheels to urethane on my main board and im super happy with it. I have the 34mmx100mm and the 34x97 board, i would recommend the 97mm cause it has less concave so more mellow shape and it works better imo.

And yes if you have some finger dexterity like if.you play guitars or other stuff that require eye/finger coordination you might have a head start...and of course Ă  skateboarding background or at least have watched a lot of videos and can form some creativity skating wise...

Last edited:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
My son skateboards and I don’t but I do appreciate the cool set up you made as I do like scale stuff like model cars, scale RC stuff. Look pretty cool! Have fun!

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My son skateboards and I don’t but I do appreciate the cool set up you made as I do like scale stuff like model cars, scale RC stuff. Look pretty cool! Have fun!
I love those too...rc cars are so much fun i used to have a couple but I sold em I want to get back into it my son is 8 its gonna be a great activity to do together ?

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
I love those too...rc cars are so much fun i used to have a couple but I sold em I want to get back into it my son is 8 its gonna be a great activity to do together ?
Yes, great father/son stuff to do!

Not sure what style you used to have or how old you were but back in the 80s and 90s it was pretty much carpet racers and buggies but now there are so many options. There’s no prep drag cars, drifters, scale crawlers, monster trucks, badgers, etc. So much to choose from and there are more scales too. Before most hobby grade RC stuff was 1/10 scale now there are different types of 1/18, 1/24 and even 1/32 scale stuff. On rainy days people make a little crawling course in the livening room with pillows/blocks or legos. RC is fun but can get expensive. Used on Craigslist locally I’ve found some good deals.

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, great father/son stuff to do!

Not sure what style you used to have or how old you were but back in the 80s and 90s it was pretty much carpet racers and buggies but now there are so many options. There’s no prep drag cars, drifters, scale crawlers, monster trucks, badgers, etc. So much to choose from and there are more scales too. Before most hobby grade RC stuff was 1/10 scale now there are different types of 1/18, 1/24 and even 1/32 scale stuff. On rainy days people make a little crawling course in the livening room with pillows/blocks or legos. RC is fun but can get expensive. Used on Craigslist locally I’ve found some good deals.
I had monster trucks I bought a Traxxas revo 2.5r back when it came out, and I also bought an electric one it was the 2wd stampede vxl...when I buy one again ill have to buy two of the same for me and one for my son and I was thinking a trophy truck so its a little easier to drive on race tracks...it'll be an off roader for sure...

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had monster trucks I bought a Traxxas revo 2.5r back when it came out, and I also bought an electric one it was the 2wd stampede vxl...when I buy one again ill have to buy two of the same for me and one for my son and I was thinking a trophy truck so its a little easier to drive on race tracks...it'll be an off roader for sure...
Yeah the trophy trucks like a Traxxas Slash are good all around trucks that can be had more cheaper as RWD or more pricey with awd and the stability control with a low center gravity chassis. The awd is very capable but the red is more fun for hooning and is more challenging to control at speed. They actually use the Slash when the no prep drag racing trend started and used I think Bandit control arms the bring in the track of the truck. It’s pretty versatile and can be made to be quick with a nice brushless system. I have a Castle brushless Slash and with 3s it torques the truck and flips on its roof! I was messing around in a parking lot when a guy in a real Mini Cooper S challenged me to a race in the parking lot. From a dig I spun my tires but caught up to his car at the end of the parking lot and that was only on 2s lipo.

Do like one of my friends does. He “buys something for his kid” and then he makes sure to thoroughly test it out to make sure it works before giving it to him. Hahahah!

OP
OP
yansag1982

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Worked a fair bit on the playground, built a ramp for it which I opted to permanently glue in place...im also quite proud of my hand drown logos I did with a mix of sharpie paint pen and normal ink pens...I think it looks pretty sweet!

Now there is another tube of wood putty coming my way there is some more finishing touches to do around the quarter pipe and such...but its almost done:

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20211008_225326

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20211008_225356

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20211008_225320

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20211008_225305

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20211008_225315

Honda Civic 10th gen my new hobby... 20211008_225332

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Really nice craftsmanship! Well done!