My New Civic Si Doesn't Feel As Great Anymore :(

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
He bought a civic SI, not the Voloster N.
Car And Driver:
Veloster N with the Perfromance Package pulls a .97g
Civic Si Coupe/Sedan with Factory Summer tires also pulls a .97g

I stand by my statement.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
He bought a civic SI, not the Voloster N.
Although the Voloster N is a really cool, fast car, and Hyundai quality has really improved over the years....It's a Hyundai. And it's loud. Although the price/performance is tempting, it's a Hyundai. No offence to Hyundai owners intended

OP
OP
SFerrusco

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
Although the Voloster N is a really cool, fast car, and Hyundai quality has really improved over the years....It's a Hyundai. And it's loud. Although the price/performance is tempting, it's a Hyundai. No offence to Hyundai owners intended
I would take the Si over the Voloster any day even if they had the same price

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Car And Driver:
Veloster N with the Perfromance Package pulls a .97g
Civic Si Coupe/Sedan with Factory Summer tires also pulls a .97g

I stand by my statement.
Skid-pad is just a measure of grip and that is just one aspect of handling.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Skid-pad is just a measure of grip and that is just one aspect of handling.
Well thats my proof, where's yours to the contrary?

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Faster figure eight (per motor trend) and it being in DS vs the SI's GS. BTW you provided some degree of evidence not proof.
What the hell is DS and GS? And that same Motortrend you sited actually puts the Si ahead in the skidpad at .97g vs the N at .95 if you wanna go there. And yea sure it was faster around there figure eight by only half a second, Im not too impressed there especially with the N having 70 more horsepower than the Si. Again I stand by my statement.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
D Street and G Street are SCCA classifications. Where these cars get slotted in a class is a function of both power and handling. The Si is objectively on par with the Veloster N in steering response and roadholding. That assumes you go with the optional 19" wheel package, which gives the N an extra cm of contact patch and less sidewall flex. Where the N eclipses the Si is getting power to the ground.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Then what exactly is your point?

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
D Street and G Street are SCCA classifications. Where these cars get slotted in a class is a function of both power and handling. The Si is objectively on par with the Veloster N in steering response and roadholding. That assumes you go with the optional 19" wheel package, which gives the N an extra cm of contact patch and less sidewall flex. Where the N eclipses the Si is getting power to the ground.
I just find it funny that the N WITH A "PERFORMANCE PACKAGE" loses or just barely edges out the Si in everything outside of straighline speed. The Si even stops shorter by as much as 5 feet. It would be interesting to see how the base N compares to the Si.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been wanting to check out the N model. I got my daughter an ‘18 Elantra and have been very impressed with it. It’s a very nice car. Hyundai has come a LONG way. Would I buy one for myself, not likely. The N (the veloster in general no matter the trim) just strikes me as “dorky” looking like the Gti does.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Then what exactly is your point?
I wouldn't buy a Hyundai. Was that point clear enough or should I type this in another language?

aeonixx

First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
its not a fast car even with full bolt ons good luck keeping up with a new 5.0
I will disagree with that statement. I raced a Mustang 5.0 and all that guy saw was my tail lights getting farther away from him. At a Stop light he pulled up and asked "What do you have in that thing" I told him it was stock and not even broken in, its only 2 months old. I didnt have the heart to tell him I have it tuned to perfection (KTuner) cold air K&N, Tranny magic (I prefer J&P Redline). The catch is knowing how to drive (race). I dont intend on turning it into a race machine. I just dont like being the slowest car off the line and this car runs )*^&%% Fantastic

ExileAeterna

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got new Civic Si a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't feel as fast anymore... I still have a ton of fun driving it!
During my first test drive I fell in love with the car and I was amazed with the speed and feeling you get driving it. But now after driving it for a couple of weeks, I don't get that feeling anymore. I'm planning on keeping the vehicle stock, getting a Ktuner and running it 19.5 Normal/21.5 Sport that way I won't need to replace the clutch.

Any thoughts?
You're just getting used to it. My type R starts to feel slow until I put a new mod on or drove my rav for weeks.
Sponsored