My New Civic Si Doesn't Feel As Great Anymore :(

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
It actually takes about 5,000 miles before your engine makes peak power so after two weeks ... eh ... you are just feeling weather conditions such as humidity and temp ...
Sponsored

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If you want speed ... buy a street bike

R6
R1

R1M if you really want a thrill.

The anount of power you can get for 10-25k here is insane.

10,000 rpms deep and the bike isnt even performing yet
if you really got the need for speed for $5K buy a used Hayabusa or ZX-14 way more speed and power than you’ll be able to handle

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
I got new Civic Si a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't feel as fast anymore... I still have a ton of fun driving it!
During my first test drive I fell in love with the car and I was amazed with the speed and feeling you get driving it. But now after driving it for a couple of weeks, I don't get that feeling anymore. I'm planning on keeping the vehicle stock, getting a Ktuner and running it 19.5 Normal/21.5 Sport that way I won't need to replace the clutch.

Any thoughts?
This is a life problem, not a Civic Si problem. No thrill lasts, even after mods. Always something faster or sexier on the horizon. The secret is learning to be happy with what you have. Taking good care of it over time will help.

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
"Maybe a new girl friend sitting in the shotgun seat. Perhaps some rose colored sun glasses?" Haha my girlfriend would kill you if she would see this lol :lol:
Ha, sounds like you a found a great gal! :thumbsup:

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got new Civic Si a couple of weeks ago, but doesn't feel as fast anymore... I still have a ton of fun driving it!
During my first test drive I fell in love with the car and I was amazed with the speed and feeling you get driving it. But now after driving it for a couple of weeks, I don't get that feeling anymore. I'm planning on keeping the vehicle stock, getting a Ktuner and running it 19.5 Normal/21.5 Sport that way I won't need to replace the clutch.

Any thoughts?
1. you bought a genX civic, its not fast.

2. you think you have a sports car because it says si, thats wrong. You have a sporty econobox.

SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI Coupe. 2018 JL Rubicon. 1988 K5 Blazer
Country flag
Here's my solution to keeping that spark. I'll drive the SI for a while, then switch it up to the jeep. When I get back in the honda it feels like a rocket ship!
Honda Civic 10th gen My New Civic Si Doesn't Feel As Great Anymore :( 20180608_170012

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
SkyeSi, your Jeep is amazing! I do the same thing, I switch to the Silverado for a day(or when I need to do truck things) and get back in the Si the next haha. As someone else mentioned, take it to an autocross event or HPDE event. This car is an absolute blast to drive on a track. It needs more power sure, but it carries so much momentum in turns.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea

I would like to do:
1.Ktuner
2.Intake
3.Flex Fuel

But because I don't want to replace the clutch, I'm problably only going to do the Ktuner and the Intake.
Don't be too afraid of a clutch my man, honestly in my opinion the clutch is where Honda really screwed this car over from being pretty epic. The dual mass flywheel and weak clutch pressure plate make the car awful to drive from a sporty stand point. The heavy dual mass causes the rev hang, and the pressure plate of course doesn't support the power that can be achieved from a few bolt ons and tune. This is great for a new manual driver or for the average Joe just wanting to commute, but for spirited driving replacing these really brings the life out of the car. It is a really big expense so it is only worth it if you plan to keep the car. Look for some local 10th gen owners in your area, maybe some of them are highly modded and can show you the potential of the car.

SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SkyeSi, your Jeep is amazing! I do the same thing, I switch to the Silverado for a day(or when I need to do truck things) and get back in the Si the next haha. As someone else mentioned, take it to an autocross event or HPDE event. This car is an absolute blast to drive on a track. It needs more power sure, but it carries so much momentum in turns.
Thanks, I love the JL. The main reason I bought the SI was to keep miles off of it and of course for the MPG. I need to look into autocross and see what that's all about.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Here's my solution to keeping that spark. I'll drive the SI for a while, then switch it up to the jeep. When I get back in the honda it feels like a rocket ship!
20180608_170012.jpg
I'm not a big Jeep fan, but I would love to take that beauty out to the Mojave dessert!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Don't be too afraid of a clutch my man, honestly in my opinion the clutch is where Honda really screwed this car over from being pretty epic. The dual mass flywheel and weak clutch pressure plate make the car awful to drive from a sporty stand point. The heavy dual mass causes the rev hang, and the pressure plate of course doesn't support the power that can be achieved from a few bolt ons and tune. This is great for a new manual driver or for the average Joe just wanting to commute, but for spirited driving replacing these really brings the life out of the car. It is a really big expense so it is only worth it if you plan to keep the car. Look for some local 10th gen owners in your area, maybe some of them are highly modded and can show you the potential of the car.
Just pour some Amsoil in that Tranny and it changes your whole outlook on this car!

SkyeSI

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not a big Jeep fan, but I would love to take that beauty out to the Mojave dessert!
I would too! Living in Dallas TX its a mall crawler 99% of the time.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

Any thoughts?
As others have said, the honeymoon phase has worn off. Happens to some degree with every single car, regardless of prestige or cost.

I think a conservative tune is all this car really needs, in order to mitigate the boost delay and rev hang. As long as you're not ripping through the gears or doing a lot of hot starts, your clutch should do okay for a bit. Beyond that, a lot of this is personal preference (aka chasing the unicorn).
Sponsored